Under 100 calorie breakfast ideas

Options
suzieannfat
suzieannfat Posts: 47 Member
Hello! I need some quick under 100 calorie ideas for t breakfast. I usually just grab a baanna or egg but that gets old. I get up at 4:30 am and leave the house by 5:00 am so I need help and ideas please.

Replies

• sithiria
    sithiria Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Fiber One 90 calorie bars were my 'go to'.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Weigh out the night before 100 or less calories of your favorite fruit. Grapes and cantalope are good options.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Are you actually hungry for breakfast when you eat it?
  • reeserox
    reeserox Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Something I did was bake egg muffins. I made 12 on Sunday and they lasted the week. You can use 1 part egg and 1 part egg white to keep the calories and the fat down. You can also add cheese and pepper or really whatever you want to add.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You could try bars, e.g. half of a protein bar. You could also do 100g 0% or 2% plain greek yogurt with some berries. Preportioned fruit, as suggested above. I personally find grapes to be too calorific for their satiety level. I'd go with berries instead. Rice cake with low-ish calorie topping, low calorie toast with low-ish calorie topping (e.g. light flavoured cream cheese? Jam? Be sure to use a scale).

100 cal isn't going to give you a lot of volume but I assume you're okay with that.

There's also some very low calorie muffin recipes out there, e.g. laaloosh.com/2013/07/22/applesauce-oatmeal-muffins-recipe/ (I haven't actually tried that one yet)
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Container of yogurt
    Slice of bread

Or wait and eat later at a less ungodly hour. ;)
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    5am?! It would just be a very LARGE coffee for me :)
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    If this were my schedule, I would have my coffee pot set to come on automatically, drink the first cup at home, take the second cup and my breakfast with me, and then eat it at work. Oh, I do that now. I precook center cut bacon (the whole package) and portion out two slices each in snack baggies. 20 seconds in the microwave and 60 calories. A toasted sandwich thin with orange marmalade would be about 120 calories, cantaloupe, yogurt. . . those are all things I might do for around 100 calories.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    http://www.slenderkitchen.com/quiche-cupcakes/

Two "cupcakes" for 80 calories, and they're make ahead friendly.
  • suzieannfat
    Options
    Are you actually hungry for breakfast when you eat it?
    Hahah not when I first get up but around 8-9am the hunger rolls in
  • suzieannfat
    Options
    sithiria wrote: »
    Don't those get awfully expensive? I'll try it though. thanks
  • suzieannfat
    Options
    Weigh out the night before 100 or less calories of your favorite fruit. Grapes and cantalope are good options.

That's true!!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't bother, I'd go with coffee and add the calories to decent meal later
  • suzieannfat
    Options
    reeserox wrote: »
    Something I did was bake egg muffins. I made 12 on Sunday and they lasted the week. You can use 1 part egg and 1 part egg white to keep the calories and the fat down. You can also add cheese and pepper or really whatever you want to add.
    And you eat one for breakfast? Everyday? That actually sounds yummy.
  • suzieannfat
    Options
    You could try bars, e.g. half of a protein bar. You could also do 100g 0% or 2% plain greek yogurt with some berries. Preportioned fruit, as suggested above. I personally find grapes to be too calorific for their satiety level. I'd go with berries instead. Rice cake with low-ish calorie topping, low calorie toast with low-ish calorie topping (e.g. light flavoured cream cheese? Jam? Be sure to use a scale).

100 cal isn't going to give you a lot of volume but I assume you're okay with that.

There's also some very low calorie muffin recipes out there, e.g. laaloosh.com/2013/07/22/applesauce-oatmeal-muffins-recipe/ (I haven't actually tried that one yet)
    I am okay with only a 100 calories I just need it to stop the hunger pains. The thin is in all honesty I'm out the door without my shoes on half the time. I don't have time to slather toppings on a rice cake. Nice weekend breakfast maybe?
  • suzieannfat
    Options
    Let me clarify hahah I'm not hungry at 4:30 am I have two cups of coffee. However come 8,9,10am I start to get hungry and I'm already at work so I can't run to the store or make something at home so I have to find something to eat. I think I will try the Fiber One bars. Seems plausable.
  • greekyogurtandpuppies
    greekyogurtandpuppies Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You could pre make a one egg or all egg white omelets with spinach or veggies in bulk to microwave and run out the door with. I used to do this all the time when I ran in the early mornings and needed something quick and small.
  • acourtneymarrs
    acourtneymarrs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    sithiria wrote: »
    Don't those get awfully expensive? I'll try it though. thanks

I get the special K 90 calorie bars...they run $3 for 6! Thats gets me through the week for 50 cents each! Love the salted chocolate pretzel ones as an evening snack as well.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about what the OP does for a living? I bring a whole bag of food to work every day, some of which is in handy snack bags and ready to go: 28 grams of walnuts, almonds, or peanuts, baby carrots, a banana, celery and peanut butter, a boiled egg already peeled and halved with a bit of salt.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Naked Juice! They come in 15 oz sizes so half a bottle. They come in great flavors. I love the Mighty Mango flavor!