Postpartum weight loss

Options
Anyone else trying to lose baby weight? I have about 15-18 lbs to lose and I would like to do it in the next 2 months or so. I know that equals about 2 lbs a week. Any tips for getting used to the hunger pangs, especially around 4-6 pm? We eat dinner around 7 but if I snack at 3:30, that is a long stretch until dinner. I am factoring in Breastfeeding at 500 calories a day, and I am going to eat back most of those calories, which gives me about 1700 calories a day. That number still feels very hard. With a toddler & new baby at home, I don't have time to cook a lot. Any ideas for easy meals and snacks that will fill me up? I already eat a lot of greek yogurt & chicken. Any motivation and support you can offer would be great!
Thanks for your help!

Replies

• debbiezag
    debbiezag Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Following this thread as I am currently 6 weeks pp and trying to lose 20 pounds. I have not been factoring breastfeeding calories as I tend to hold on to weight while breastfeeding instead of losing weight based on my experience with my boys. Trying to get myself back in the mind frame of logging every single thing that I eat but I find that I have a hard time doing so on weekends when everyone is home and sitting down for 5 minutes is a luxury ;)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I wrote this up last week, maybe it'll help you:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176233/gaining-weight-during-pregnancy-and-losing-it-post-partum

As for meals and snacks, protein, fiber & fat should help keep you sated. Things like cheeses, yogurts, meats, eggs, etc are me go to for those things.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'm exclusively breastfeeding and if I had to restrict myself to 1700 calories I think I'd kill someone...but that's just me.
  • Elisabuffy19
    Elisabuffy19 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    debbiezag wrote: »
    Following this thread as I am currently 6 weeks pp and trying to lose 20 pounds. I have not been factoring breastfeeding calories as I tend to hold on to weight while breastfeeding instead of losing weight based on my experience with my boys. Trying to get myself back in the mind frame of logging every single thing that I eat but I find that I have a hard time doing so on weekends when everyone is home and sitting down for 5 minutes is a luxury ;)

I have a hard time on weekends too. That is why i set my loss goal at 1.5 lbs a week bc I know I'll go over on the weekend.
  • Elisabuffy19
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »
    I'm exclusively breastfeeding and if I had to restrict myself to 1700 calories I think I'd kill someone...but that's just me.

I am exclusively breastfeeding too and felt like that today...might change to 1 lb a week!!
  • Elisabuffy19
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I wrote this up last week, maybe it'll help you:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176233/gaining-weight-during-pregnancy-and-losing-it-post-partum

As for meals and snacks, protein, fiber & fat should help keep you sated. Things like cheeses, yogurts, meats, eggs, etc are me go to for those things.

Thank you!! I will read your post.