Best Me!

mrsfabbanks
mrsfabbanks Posts: 49 Member
I am not new to this weight loss thing, I've started so many times. Got a few results and got excited and got off track. Went around this same circle for many years now. I'm at this point of my life where I'm tired of just being where I don't want to be. I don't hate myself but I must admit to trying on clothing and not being too thrilled about the way the fit me. Even standing in front of the mirror and just knowing I could be so much better. I'm currently trying to get in a regular swing of things with kids, husband, school and work. Considering how pressing most things are in my life right now, I'm still determined not quit. Today I got so frustrated that my husband went to the grocery store and did our usual rushed trip to the store (junk food galore ) things typically that are quick and easy. I know he meant well because he was super tired. I'm just at the point where if it's bad I won't eat it because of my past horrible attachment to foods. But ofcourse my hub got all the foods I'm kind of scared to have in the house because I fear that I'm still not disciplined enough to be around them without overeating. I want to get to a better me but I'm trying not to past my burden to everyone else around me. If anyone has any advise to help me get through this what I call this "fear of failing" stage, I'd love to get some positive advice.

Replies

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    i had to institute a "no junk/trigger foods" zone in our house. my husband has a junk food trunk (seriously) its not locked lol, but out of sight out of mind. he's willing to do this for me, for my health and my happiness.

planning will be your friend and realizing you will make "mistakes" along the way but if you get back on track the next meal or next day instead of waiting until the next Monday, or the next new year's eve your ahead of the game.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    I live alone and hence have no food here that isn't by my choice, but I like the idea of other house members keeping their junk in a trunk!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Your kitchen is your domain girl! I would make an area of a cabnet as YOURS. When you venture in the other areas, you are just playing the role of cook. In my area I have whole wheat pasta, some great peach salsa, some walnuts, some granola bars, cans of solid white albacore tuna, fat free dressing, wild rice, various cans of beans, and some great cereal. You will find your way, just be assertive!
  • Annr
    Ohhh and some key things when you have a family to cook for.
    -dont expect your husband to eat what you need to eat to lose weight. Men are sometimes stubborn.
    -have your afternoon snack when you are making theirs.
    -if your kids are healthy and at a good weight, don't expect them to want to eat what you need to eat to lose weight.
    -don't worry about changing their eating habits, just concentrate on YOU.
    -if you have leftovers of their food, make THEM put it in containers and put in the frig. Its THEIR food, and for me, if I am putting away greasy food, or food I should not eat, I tend to nibble. Don't make it easy to sneak food.
    -when you shop, buy healthy snacks that are either sweet, salty, creamy, or crunchy. If they come in big bags, MEASURE out servings, and put into ziplock bags, then put back in the bigger bag.
    -keep measuring spoons handy, it is surprising how your brain got away from what a normal serving looks like.
    -remember Losing Weight isnt the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to Losing Weight! :smiley:
  • mrsfabbanks
    mrsfabbanks Posts: 49 Member
    Thank you ladies for all your awesome advice, I'm going to put it into action!
  • Annr
    attagirl!
  • Annr
    add me and lets do this!