school lunches?

Options
dana435
dana435 Posts: 7 Member

I'm a student using this app and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for food I could make in advance for school lunches.
Right now, I'm taking lots of fruits and veggies but I'm looking to get some more protein. I also don't have access to a microwave.

Replies

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    You can add a small tin of flavoured tuna, or some cheese and sliced lunch meats or greek yogurt if you use an ice pack...
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Walnuts and almonds are my favorite easy to carry foods. Do you have a fridge? Cheese and yogurt will keep for a few hours (half a day or more) out side the fridge under normal circumstances.
  • dhutter15
    dhutter15 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    chicken salads always used to be my fav when I was losing weight! It can be very low cal (depending on what/how much dressing you use), plenty of protein and you can add a bunch of veggies that you're already eating. you can even throw certain fruits in there for more flavour. I would always cook a few breasts near the beginning of the week and cut one up the night/morning before and just toss it all in a tupperware. just keep dressing in a separate smaller container if you don't want a soggy salad :)
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Buy a thermos.
  • annamontalvo920
    annamontalvo920 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yes buy thermos! My kids go to a private school and they have to bring lunch from home. I bought them thermos and they are able to eat hot lunch everyday! You might have to spend a little to get a really good one but if you use it often it will be worth it!