How do you know if you have muscle inbalances....

Options
kmab1985
kmab1985 Posts: 295 Member
OK so, I'm still have knee issues when performing the squat and lunges, I'm confident my form is correct, I've been training my knees to go out everynight by placing a resistance band under my knees so when i do squat it encourages me to push my knees....However, I dont get the pain whilst doing the squat or lunge, its the next day and I've read some information on muscle inbalances, therefore could my knee pain be muscle inbalance?

And when I say pain, its not pain pain, its just a slight niggly discomfort that I can feel...

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Stop squatting, stop high impact exercise and go see a dr. Do not try to solve this by googling it and self diagnosing it. Knee pain is not something to ignore. Discomfort at the knee when resting does not sound like a muscle problem and it is not something you push through.
  • kmab1985
    Options
    It depends what you mean by knee pain when you say stop squatting etc...Maybe I'm not describing it very well, you know when you've have a good workout and the next day your muscles are achey (not a pain ache), an ache where you know you worked hard, its like that, its not a pain as such, I would've been to the docs by now if it was actual pain, its more of an ache, I'm going to book in anyway again with a personal trainer just to ensure I am squatting and lungeing with good form....

Its not a shooting pain, its not a bone pain, its not a pain below my knee, its not a pain in my knee, its not a pain where I feel it all day long or have limited movement, its more of an ache above my knee...
  • LKArgh
    Options
    Yes, you are describing exactly how tendon pain feels at the beginning. Check it out.
  • kmab1985
    Options
    OK then...I will do thanks, although it hasnt always been like this, I've been squatting and lunging for 6 months but seems the issue only started about 5 weeks ago...
  • LKArgh
    Options
    kmab1985 wrote: »
    OK then...I will do thanks, although it hasnt always been like this, I've been squatting and lunging for 6 months but seems the issue only started about 5 weeks ago...

Maybe I am too pessimistic because I had it happen to me more than once, various tendons, but it sounds like typical overuse tendonits case. Did you add too much to your exercise routine the last months?
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Self diagnosis on a joint issue can go bad on you.

A small issue easily treated may become worse

Seems time to see a professional.

• htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Gotta agree with the others. I've gone to PT many times for overuse injuries, go now before it becomes chronic.