Suggestions please!!!!

Options
adreal
adreal Posts: 229 Member
This time around it seems that I will get on a good downward slope with the weight coming off. Then I will gain 3-5 pounds and it takes me a month to get back down to my lowest weight recorded. This has been pretty consistent since the beginning of the year.

Any suggestions??

Just a little back ground..I stay around 1500 calories a day, run/strength train 6 days a week(with one weekend off a month) and am now down to 172.8.

I have tried changing my routine and eating more/ eating less. I did have a baby two years ago and have an IUD. Might be TMI

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    The "eating more" thing explains why you gain five pounds. As long as you eat at a deficit and stick with it, you will lose weight.
  • adreal
    Options
    Sorry that is worded wrong. I stay to 1500 but sometimes eat around 1300 but most of the time 1500. And I do not eat back my calories burned.
  • TimothyFish
    Options
    In that case, my guess would be that you are underestimating the number of calories you are eating, because you cannot gain fat while eating at a deficit.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    What are your stats? I saw you were 36, what's your current weight and height?

Have you readjusted your intake downward to account for the weight you've lost?

Also, from a quick peek at your diary, it does look like you're using a food scale. It's easy to eat more than you think you are by using measuring cups, and that can slow weight loss. Invest in a food scale and tighten up your logging to make sure you are eating the calories you think you are.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Because MFP staff have for some reason made it difficult to link to the most useful threads I have to link you their overview thread here

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177910/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads#latest

Please note you should look at link 1,2 and 4 - avoiding link 3 like the plague because it's *kitten*
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Rabbit, I don't even think it's the volunteer mods. I bet these decisions have been limited to the paid "staff".
  • adreal
    Options
    I will look into those. I usually watch what I eat carefully and try to stay away from high sodium and high carb stuff. But I do have to go out to eat and have different choices. I find when I do go out I will underestimate what I am eating but this doesn't happen often. It seems that I will lose weight and then go on a 3-5 pound swing that takes forever to get off.
    I was worried it could be bloating but I have never had a problem with that.

My stats are:
    5'3"
    6days a week work out
  • TimothyFish
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Because MFP staff have for some reason made it difficult to link to the most useful threads I have to link you their overview thread here

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177910/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads#latest

Please note you should look at link 1,2 and 4 - avoiding link 3 like the plague because it's *kitten*

What is so difficult? You just post a link like the one you posted.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    How do you measure and log your food and drink? Weigh with a measuring scale, cups, etc? Do you go by what the MFP database says the calorie content of certain foods is?
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I think you're probably eating more than you realize. Cut off 100 calories and see where that gets you in a couple of weeks.
  • adreal
    Options
    I use a scale to measure my food and look at info in packages. I try to stay as close to what I can find online. But eating out is difficult