8st 9 and 5ft 2.5 want to be 7st 6

Options
So Im 5ft 2.5 and weigh 8st 9, I want to be 7st 6 and loose some body fat. I have 20% body fat at present but feel huge. I exercise daily. I am a teacher throughout the days and a dancer/ dancer teacher and aerialist come the night time, I also go to the gym and go to exercise classes along with going on runs. However by body seems at a stand still and im not happy with it. Im not sure what I can do to get me to my goal.
Any advice is greatly appreciated :smile:

Replies

• littlehappystitches
    littlehappystitches Posts: 121 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
  • littlehappystitches
    littlehappystitches Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to talk through with someone why you feel so huge. 8st 9 is definately not huge, really it's not. I would be feeling worried that you feel the need to be 7st 6 surely this is not a healthy weight. Please take care of yourself
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm a similar height and 8st 9 is around BMI 21-22, my goal. 7st 6 does sound awfully small....why is that weight your target?
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    7 stone 6 is 104 pounds, right? A normal adult weight for your height is between 102.8-138.9 lbs. Unless you're very small boned and not very muscular it's right at the bottom edge of the healthy range. Given how much you're working out I'm not surprised you're having difficulty reaching it. Muscle is more dense than fat and it throws the traditional BMI calculators.

If you're having difficulty reaching that weight it may just be too low for you to sustain. The only thing you could do would be to cut your calories dangerously low and stop working out so that you'll lose muscle and fat. Rather than focus on losing a few pounds, use strength training to lower your body fat percentage. The number on the scale is an imperfect measurement of health anyways.