ill after birth of daughter need help :).

Options
I gave birth to my daughter 11 weeks ago, I became very unwell after, no appetite, hair loss, serious skin problems eczema and psoriasis, I dropped 2 stone, and sunk into a deep depression. I need some friends who like me wish to gain the weight back, and build up mussle and gain a flat tummy.

Replies

• Mookie252015
    Mookie252015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    good luck!
  • pebbleslaura1
    pebbleslaura1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Im in same boat wanna gain but hav flat tummy
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Have you spoken to your doctor about this?
  • PlumpKitten
    PlumpKitten Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You really should see a doctor about this. Good luck!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,410 Member
    Options
    Please talk to your doctor! And also have your iron check.
  • Mumma2918
    Mumma2918 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, hypothyroidism can cause excessive weight loss, hair loss, and affects your immune system too.. Ask doc to order a blood test to check for it. It generally happens to a handful of women after giving birth. Be kind to yourself, it's quite demanding looking after a newborn but it does get easier as they grow. Good luck with your health and fitness goals :)
  • voddyandredbull31
    voddyandredbull31 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your replies, I have been to my doctor he has gave be bath ointment and creams for eczema and psoriasis, I'm on anti depressants but that all for now.
  • cmoorofum
    cmoorofum Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I def dont want to gain weight but I can relate to the issues after having a baby, especially my first child. What you need is someone to help you out with your child right now. I hope you have someone that can give you a break from your baby for at least a few hours.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    This may seem a little off the wall but do you take fish oil and vitamin D? It sounds like a chemical imbalance postpartum. Depression can hit the best of us. Most of us are Vitamin D deficient and fish oil is a great compliment because its fat-soluble. May I recommend reading on the benefits on examine.com ?

I have been playing with a few different supplements lately. Newest one is 5-HTP which is suppose to increase serotonin levels. I stopped a few days to cycle through it and yesterday it hit me like a truck. I felt useless and unmotivated, bored but nothing interested me. I took some supplements and it dissipated. It was a very unusual feeling. I would suggest asking your doctor about these things. I know with my doctor I had only 20 minutes of his time and couldn't get much in to talk about all this in my annual physical. (A load of crock to have 20min a year about your health! but that's another topic) I do not have a nursing baby though, so I don't know how these would affect you and your baby.