Replies

• MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    I want to read these later!!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I still believe we need something like this on a stickie or even better.

Create a TAB AT THE TOP (FAQ)

So everyone, oldies, newbies can easily see it.

I honestly don't see why it would be so difficult to have a TAB called FAQ's that have the top 10 questions. It will save all the new people coming online asking the same question over and over.
  • Laika3
    Laika3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great info as always Banks - Thanks!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options

I honestly don't see why it would be so difficult to have a TAB called FAQ's that have the top 10 questions. It will save all the new people coming online asking the same question over and over.

Better yet, have it posted to everyone's "my home" page. Maybe in the area where new topics are found. That way everyone can click on this before they even think to look elsewhere, or post new(old) questions.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

there is the ability for Mike to sticky it, you just need to ask him too (I would never request my own topic being stickied, that's just tacky):tongue:

Course, a tab with popular posts would be kinda cool, or one with super informative posts (IMHO, ok, maybe I'm a little biased!).
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options

there is the ability for Mike to sticky it, you just need to ask him too (I would never request my own topic being stickied, that's just tacky):tongue:

Course, a tab with popular posts would be kinda cool, or one with super informative posts (IMHO, ok, maybe I'm a little biased!).

SHBoss, you have TONS of super informative posts. It would be great and very handy for people to have EASY access to them.
    I know the sticky idea can work, but I don't think it's as productive as other options.

We all know the same questions are being asked because people are not reading the stickies. But if there were the top 10 questions etc posted VERY VISIBLE TO EVERYONE then, the same questions should stop being posted.

Like Shamrock said, put it in "MY HOME" or something.

You have more pull with Mike, and if you think it would be pretty cool, let him know. :smile:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    #2 ... yeah ... I lose the exact amount of weight on a 500 calorie deficit as I do a 250 calorie deficit :grumble:. Of course I am much happier on a 250 calorie deficit. :flowerforyou:
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting!!
  • spritie
    spritie Posts: 167
    Options
    bump... :)
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Bumping just to keep it in my topics!

Thanks, Banks, as usual you ROCK!
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    bump
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    This is great - thanks!
  • kbirky73
    kbirky73 Posts: 110
    Options
    This is really great information for those of us that are not nearly as educated as some of you out there.
    Thanks for always trying and never giving up on us Banks!!!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Great info Banks!

IMO, even if you sticky it, repeat it, bump it, and/or tattoo it to a person's forehead...they will still come in here and ask! :bigsmile:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Great info Banks!

IMO, even if you sticky it, repeat it, bump it, and/or tattoo it to a person's forehead...they will stick come in here and ask! :bigsmile:

lol, but at least if you tatoo it to their forehead, everyone they meet will know it! :laugh:
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    While I like the of making this a sticky/tab/homepage thing, I think it would be even MORE useful simply to have a search engine for the forums. Then you could easily search for questions that have already been asked, or recipes with chicken, or stuff like that...
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    This is really great information for those of us that are not nearly as educated as some of you out there.
    Thanks for always trying and never giving up on us Banks!!!

speaking of never giving up, one of these day's I'm gonna drag you out of your office, force you to put on workout gear, and make you do my boot camp!

fyi

http://www.harehome.org/Bootcamp1.htm

http://www.harehome.org/Bootcamp2.htm

(not sure which one yet, which ever one I decide is more torturous for you :wink: )
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    While I like the of making this a sticky/tab/homepage thing, I think it would be even MORE useful simply to have a search engine for the forums. Then you could easily search for questions that have already been asked, or recipes with chicken, or stuff like that...

there is a search engine. At the top of the forums, one of the options is Search. Though it's not all that intuitive. It works ok.
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    you can't spot reduce fat

This made me smile. Thanks for the post. Hope it gets stickied as "READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST A TOPIC"
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options

there is a search engine. At the top of the forums, one of the options is Search. Though it's not all that intuitive. It works ok.

:noway: Whoa, I never even noticed it before. Well now I feel lame! :blushing: