Any new moms? Looking for support.

Hey! I just had a baby 10 days ago and am looking for other new moms for support and to motivate each other. Just started logging again after taking pretty much 9 months off, and trying to start eating healthy again. I lost 80 pounds on myfitnesspal before getting pregnant, and har gained much of it back so am starting my journey all over again.

Replies

• exuberant30
    exuberant30 Posts: 42 Member
    Hey I'm a new mummy, had my lil one 6 weeks ago via c section. Add me
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Congrats on your new baby!

I'd recommend not restricting your calories just yet. Give your body time to heal. Ideally, you should wait until 12 weeks post-partum to begin restricting. And exercise can be started after your post-partum checkup and your OB gives you the go ahead. I know the feeling of wanting your body back, but give yourself time to heal, time for your milk supply to be established, and time to get used to your baby's patterns.

Also, I put this together last week, feel free to give it a read:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176233/gaining-weight-during-pregnancy-and-losing-it-post-partum

Hope this helps! Good luck and congrats!
  • Magui_M
    Magui_M Posts: 7 Member
    I have added you. I'm new here and I love to have others as friends to motivate each other! I have a 3 month old and a 4 year old and I to I'm ready to get back into shape!
  • kyLesMommy5
    kyLesMommy5 Posts: 2 Member
    I am not breastfeeding so I don't think I need to worry about milk supply. :)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    I am not breastfeeding so I don't think I need to worry about milk supply. :)
    Ok then, just give yourself time to heal then :) It took me several weeks for things to even begin to look normal.

I probably would not restrict calories just yet though, because your body needs calories to heal. I'd just continue to log (to keep the habit) and then after your post-partum check, begin cutting.
  • kerryadams21
    kerryadams21 Posts: 11 Member
    Hi, I have a four year old and a 4 month old, both by c sections. Currently 11 days in on MFP, luckily logging what I eat isn't too painful at the moment because I'm frustrated I can't do more exercise. Feel free to add me.
  • blessedwbest121
    blessedwbest121 Posts: 9 Member
    I'm not technically a new Mom because I have a 3 year old but I just had baby #2 10 weeks ago, C-Section. I gain a ridiculous amount during pregnancy (60pounds both times!). I lost it all last time and have began my hard work to do so again. I have 0 friends on here so all you Momma's feel free to add me!
  • healthychops_gets_fit
    healthychops_gets_fit Posts: 35 Member
    Hello, I am a new mum. I have a 9 week old. I am getting frustrated that my body is taking so long to heal from the c-section as want to start chipping away at the weight I have gained. Anyone got any tips for workouts? X
  • nasima100
    nasima100 Posts: 13 Member
    hey, I just had a baby 7 weeks ago, add me! gotta lose the weight plus more!
  • nasima100
    nasima100 Posts: 13 Member
    by the way, I waited till my 6 week appointment to start exercising and watching my calories.
  • eshnna
    eshnna Posts: 109 Member
    I guess I waited way too many days. Haha, I have just started after my daughter turned 1. But I still nurse her morning and night.
  • kerryadams21
    kerryadams21 Posts: 11 Member
    Hello, I am a new mum. I have a 9 week old. I am getting frustrated that my body is taking so long to heal from the c-section as want to start chipping away at the weight I have gained. Anyone got any tips for workouts? X

I'm 16 weeks post c section and I'm frustrated too!