give me your best volume meals

Options
2»

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    How could I have forgotten a whole roasted cauliflower? Super easy, too.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    A huge pile of roasted veggies with tons of garlic :#
  • taentea
    taentea Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Sauerkraut. You can find some that's pretty sweet and yet you can eat like a kilogram of it for 200 cals or so. If I'm having meat/fish and potato/pasta/rice, I would usually go light on the latter and put a big portion of sauerkraut next to it. Also raw cucumbers and bell peppers. If I'm craving sushi (tasty but I need a lot of cals worth to feel full), I usually eat a whole pepper or a raw veggie salad first and then feel satisfied after few pieces of a roll.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I swear the volume thing isn't working for me anymore. So frustrating.

But anyway...

12oz of frozen veggies with some grated parmesan and a bit of butter
    Stir fried veggies with shrimp
    Spaghetti squash with a sauce made of tomato sauce, ground meat, peppers and onions
    Huge salad with a lot of veggies and a bit of cheese with vinegar, salt and peppers (or taco salad)
    Egg white omelette with tomatoes, spinach and feta
    Soups! I just use a chicken broth base with onions and whatever veggies I have on hand, cook them in the pot, then blend
    Cauliflower fried rice is a LOT of food for not many calories too

• kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad (or any salad really)
    Bolognese over zoodles with lots of veggies added into the sauce
    White bean tomato soup with mushrooms, carrot and kale
    Egg white omelets
  • jenchamb1
    jenchamb1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Chicken, turkey sausage or shrimp, non-starch vegetables and a can of plain tomato sauce. Add your own spices. My favorite veggies include cauliflower, zucchini, string beans or broccoli. Seasonings: hot pepper, rosemary, oregano, basil. I cook the protein first then add the rest. I add water to the sauce.
  • bezlooney
    bezlooney Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    I just add non-starchy veggies to everything. You can "volumize" mashed potatoes or rice by adding cauliflower. Add carrots, onions, peppers, to pasta sauces. Use veggie noodles (squash, zucchini).

Add shredded cabbage and shredded broccoli to casseroles. Add peeled cucumber to fruit salad (sounds weird, but it has very little flavor). Potato salad can be 1/2 veggie, 1/2 potato (green beans, carrots, radishes).

This is exactly what i do. I add veggies to everything and i love peeled cucumber in fruit salad. Its great with cantalope
  • bezlooney
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »
    Veggie veggies veggies. Add a big salad to every meal, or some roasted/steamed/etc veggies.

This is what i do. I was looking for some spacific recipes to change up my flavore combos
  • bezlooney
    Options
    epd17 wrote: »
    I swear by this meal when I need a full plate. It's so delicious I don't even care it's not really pasta.

Spaghetti Squash with Sauteed Shrimp

I usually buy a bag of frozen large/jumbo shrimp and make it a few times a week. If I'm making it for two I use the whole squash, if I'm making it just for myself I cut it in half horizontally and save the other in a zip lock.

Ingredients:
    1/2 Spaghetti Squash
    1/2 cup of Classico Basel and Tomato sauce
    minced garlic - I usually use a tablespoon
    1 tbsp butter
    3 oz of shrimp
    Parm Cheese

Thaw out 3 oz of frozen Shrimp or buy fresh uncooked shrimp. Slice Spaghetti Squash in half and put it in a glass casserole dish with about 1/4 cup of water. (You want the water to come up about 1/2 inch on the squash). Mcirowave for 12 minutes. Allow squash to cool and then scrape out strands with fork. (Caution that bad boy is coming out hot) Sometimes it's not cooked all the way through so I put in for another 6 minutes and scrape the rest out. This makes about 2-3 cups of squash.

Once you have your squash, melt butter and then add garlic. Sautee for a minute and then add squash. Stir it around to coat in butter and garlic. If your pan is big enough I push the squash to the side and sauteed the shrimp. I usually add a little PAM at this point. If not you can cook shrimp in a separate pan and just add them in when done. Once the shrimp is cooked add in the pasta sauce. Mix well and let it cook for another 2 minutes.

I sprinkle Parm Cheese on top when it's down. Oh baby is it good!!

I hope you enjoy...it's seriously delicious.

Sounds good. Thanks. I do a similar thing with tofuinstead of shrimp
  • bezlooney
    Options
    jaga13 wrote: »
    I live for volume, lol. My diary is open. This isn't for everyone, but my favorite high volume breakfast is 1/3 cup oatmeal, 1 tbsp peanut butter, and 1 container of dannon greek yogurt (80calories). Total is less than 300 calories (I add some berries for more calories some times), but it fills up a big bowl and is very filling.

lunch usually is a salad, a container of cottage cheese, and fruit. It takes a decent amount of time to eat it all, but adds up to around 300 calories.

Dinner - if it's something calorie dense, I'll just eat a small portion and fill the rest of my plate with veggies. Sometimes I have so many veggies that my plate isn't big enough!

Oh my goodness. I eat very similare to you. I have almost your exact breakfast for my dessert everyday
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    1/2 Lb garden salad with 2 Tbsp Newman's Light Balsamic, 4-6 ounces of grilled chicken, 1/2 an avocado, boiled egg, and 85 grams of cherries for desert.
  • bezlooney
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    1/2 Lb garden salad with 2 Tbsp Newman's Light Balsamic, 4-6 ounces of grilled chicken, 1/2 an avocado, boiled egg, and 85 grams of cherries for desert.

That sounds good. Im a vegetarian but have a similar salad every night for dinner. I do 200g of greens, cucumber, 200g kabocha squash, 2.5oz avocado, 2 egg whites and 100g strawberries