Chipotle choices?

what do you get there and how does it impact your stomach? I am literally addicted and it has severe gastric repercussions. I get a bowl with white rice, fajita veggies, barbacoa double meat, hot salsa and sour cream. No hx of lactose intolerance.

wpoacdk0alzy.jpg

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    I don't eat things that give me "severe gastric repercussions".

Luckily, Chipotle isn't on that list.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,059 Member
    I had a burrito once and it was good. I have a gift card that I've had forever..probably should use it sometime soon.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    When I'm being good, I just stay away from the cream cheese and the tortillas (I give the cheese a go). For some reason, those two items seem to have a heftier calorie count at Chipotle than they would if you just bought them from the store. E.G. - the tortilla alone is 300 calories.

That being said I <3 Chipotle, but I haven't been there in forever. :'(
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,645 Member
    bowl with no rice, double steak, pico (I refuse to call that "mild"), corn salsa, pinto beans, and sometimes guac, sometimes not.

It usually treats my bowels just fine, as I've eaten my "tracer" to know when this meal has been adequately utilized.
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    I only have "severe gastric repercussons" if I have the Sofritas, but they taste really good LOL. I get either a bowl with light brown rice, pinto beans, Steak or Sofritas, tomato salsa, light sour cream and lots of lettuce or a salad with Pinto beans, steak, tomato salsa, light sour cream and extra lettuce.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Thankfully, I don't have any gastric repercussions from Chipotle.

My go to is a burrito bowl, white rice, black beans, barbacoa, fajita veggies, red sauce, sour cream, and cheese.
  • discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    I eat chipotle all the time. I usually get a salad with steak pinto beans cheese and mild and hot salsa. 460 cals. I tried something new yesterday. A burrito bowl with pinto beans grilled veggies mild and hot salsa and guac. This is only about 420 cals and high fiber but a little low on protein. Totally vegan though. In case anyone didn't know if you order a veggie item with no meat or soft it's, guac is free. I love it but I'm not paying $2 more.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    A bowl with half a serving of brown rice (which is probably closer to what SHOULD be a serving), no beans (may start adding black in...never been a fan, but kind of wanting to get into them), chicken, plain tomatoes (which they hate because they have to cut the tray open to get them...I'd get the mild salsa but I hate onions), sour cream, and cheese. And if I have more calories, then I'll get guac.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    I have only had Chipotle a few times and had the burrito bowl once and the a salad with chicken the other. The portions were large enough to share with hubby and the taste was ok.
  • brendak76
    brendak76 Posts: 241 Member
    I get the kid build your own tacos. With meat, peppers, corn and salsa. Also comes with chips. You still get all the great taste, just portion controlled.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    My go-to is a burrito bowl with black beans, fajita veggies, steak or sometimes carnitas, pico and extra lettuce. I skip everything else. I looked it up, and the steak version of this is only 350 calories! With no gastric repercussions.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    I go to Chipotle maybe once every two months or so (there's one in my building and it's one of the easiest choices if I'm there on Saturday and neglect to bring lunch). I get the bowl with black beans, fajita veggies, chicken or pork, tomatoes (the mild salsa), and the hot salsa. Sometimes if I have lots of calories I add guac. The calories in the guac-less version are quite reasonable.

It has never given me gastric issues. If it did I'd forget convenience and find lunch elsewhere.
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Bowl brown rice, double meat, hot salsa, cheese, sour cream on side and dable a little on. Nothing better in its genre than Chipotle. Been there at least 1,000X and it's always delish.
  • squad_leader
    squad_leader Posts: 2 Member
    This is the thread of my dreams. I'm addicted to Chipotle and had just assumed I would have to abstain if I was watching what I ate. I'm so excited there are lowcal options!
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    This is the thread of my dreams. I'm addicted to Chipotle and had just assumed I would have to abstain if I was watching what I ate. I'm so excited there are lowcal options!

I don't see many "low" calorie choices here, but they are all definitely doable, especially if you are active.

The best low cal option in my mind is romaine lettuce, black beans, barbacoa, fajita veggies, and green sauce for like 390 cal. Still awesome either way.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited June 2015
    Co workers are always buying Chipotle so sometimes it is the only choice when I forget my lunch and don't have time to leave to pick something up. I love it and it only hurts my stomach when I get a mix of all the fatty/milk ingredients - if I keep it simple (brown rice, lettuce, fajita veggies, Barbacoa, and pico) it works for me. You have no idea how happy I was when I found out my favorite, Barbacoa, is one of the lower calorie meats - surprised me.

This guide helps me make the right decisions: hungry-girl.com/biteout/show/chipotle-mexican-grill-survival-guide
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member

I don't see many "low" calorie choices here, but they are all definitely doable, especially if you are active.

I believe the guac-less options I listed are 370 and 405, although I'd have to confirm.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    The burrito I get is over 900 calories! I get rice, pinto beans, chicken, cheees, pico, corn salsa, lettuce = 900+ calories.
    I know it's the tortilla that's the calorie bomb, but it's so good... I haven't been there in awhile.
  • emmoen
    emmoen Posts: 218 Member
    Went there for dinner. Had the salad with chicken, grilled fajita vegs, and little cheese ( about 350 calories)
  • ecneal4
    ecneal4 Posts: 4 Member
    I get their salad with chicken and corn. No dressing needed cause the corn and chicken have a lot of flavor. It's 270 yummy calories!!!