Need help please

Options
I'm back after falling off the wagon and I gained all my weight back. I'm on medication for severe depression, anxiety, and by polar. I've been on medication for several years now and I can't function if I don't take it. Well it makes it really hard to loss weight while taking it. Weight gain is a side effect of 3 of the 4 I take. So I quit taking my Meds to try and loss weight. Bad thing to do I know that now. It took a little while for my Meds to get back into my system and is not fully there yet. So I'm back to try this again. The differences this time will be to continue to take my Meds and I will try to understand that this will take a long time and will be very hard. So with the help of all you amazing people here on MFP I hope I can do this. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated and any support and/or motivation will also be appreciated.

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I would say the most important things will be to be rigorous in your counting, both in and out - that means food scales and a heart rate monitor (or cut whatever you *think* you burned in half) to be sure you are logging the right numbers. After that will be to track how you are hitting your macros (protein, fat and carbs) along with how you are feeling, so you can find the right balance to help you feel energetic and focused. Also exercise, to act as a mood stabilizer and help you with the calories out portion of the equation. And positive self-talk, since it will be a slow process for you you'll want to make sure you're finding non-scale ways to reward yourself when you eat and exercise according to plan. Focus your mind on your health and fitness instead of your weight, since those will improve no matter what the scale says.

Good for you for recognizing what your priorities need to be and acting accordingly. I'm sure you can do this :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, some medications increase appetite and you have to work a little harder to combat that. Fortunately, only the eating too much part makes you gain. You've got this!