Pumpkin Apple Banana Oatmeal Protein Bars

Options
mygnsac
mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
Wet Ingredients
  • 2 large ripe (preferably cheetah spotted) bananas (or 3 small)
  • 4 large eggs (slightly beaten)
  • 1 1/2 cup milk (whatever kind you use)
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (if you prefer, you can use oil instead of applesauce)
  • 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree

Dry Ingredients
  • 2 cups rolled oats (don't use instant or steel cut)
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar (use less, none, or more depending on your taste, or other kinds of sweeteners)
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tbs protein powder, vanilla (the original recipe called for 4 scoops of protein powder, but that was too much for me)
  • 2 tbs ground flax seed
  • 1 tsp apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/4 tsp ground ginger (powder)
  • 1/4 tsp salt

Optional Add-Ons (Whatever you like. I usually use nuts and raisins.)
  • 1/2 cup nuts (I like to use walnuts or pecans)
  • 1/2 cup raisins

Directions
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  • Mash the bananas and mix with the wet ingredients. Mix the dry ingredients together in a larger bowl. Combine the mixed wet ingredients with the mixed dry ingredients. Stir in add-ons, if any.
  • Pour into a baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking oil. Place pan on the middle rack in the oven. Bake for about 55 minutes (the edges should be pulling away from the pan and the top should be golden brown. Let cool.
  • Cut into 8 meal sized bars (about 300 calories per bar) or 16 snack size bars (about 150 calories per bar). I wrap each bar in plastic wrap and store them in the fridge.

Makes a great grab-and-go snack (portable oatmeal!). Nice and chewy, and good cold, at room temperature, or heated up.

en5wvp7fcrli.jpg

Replies