Belly Fat

Hi,
I'm looking for any tips on how to lose weight in my stomach and thigh area. I am trying to lose about 10 pounds. I am on of those people who has gone up in down with their weight, but since getting older it has been harder to lose it. Any tips would be great!

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Same as all other fat. Calorie deficit.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    The first post in this topic is a pretty good starting point: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    I should have known in the time it took me to get the link, someone would be in here with it.

OP, you can't spot reduce. The fat will come off from all over.
  • brittlyndixon
    brittlyndixon Posts: 2 Member
    Yes I know, but there are things you can to that affect certain fat mass i.e stomach evern though weight comes off from other places.
    Thanks for the article:)
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Yes I know, but there are things you can to that affect certain fat mass i.e stomach evern though weight comes off from other places.
    Thanks for the article:)

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by the bolded.

If you want a nice stomach and thighs, you need to reduce your overall body fat, while building muscle. Read the link posted above, So You want a nice stomach.
  • awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    You can absolutely not affect only certain areas of your body fat. That is not how fat works. You can work on certain muscle groups but it will not ever do anything about the fat over the muscles. That is only done by reducing overall body fat percentage.