20yo/F/5'3"/258lbs Needing a Life Change!

Options
I am a 20 year old full time college student with 2 jobs, a home & a boyfriend to take care of. I got the IUD 4 years ago and within 3 months had rapidly gained 30+ pounds. While weight gain does not happen to everyone, it happened to me...in a big way. And the depression that ensued led me to emotional eating and lack of care for myself that put on another 30+ pounds gradually over the last 3 years. I've gone through half *** phases of weak attempts at bettering myself but it's really time. I am young and already losing my life and I don't want that to be the case anymore. I really need to change. Any support/advice is welcome!. I hear it's always easier to get through when you have people who are going through it too.

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    This site helped me lose 110 lbs! Feel free to add me for support!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. All the tools you need to succeed are here. Accurately count all your calories and burn more than you consume. You will lose weight. For more people the hardest part is self discipline. Use whatever form of motivation you need to stay on track. You can do it!