Goal weight reached, but belly still same size?!

Options
Shanairah1991
Shanairah1991 Posts: 152 Member
edited June 2015 in Success Stories
I hit my goal weight of 140lbs just over a week ago, down 56lbs, but I have been having some stomach issues. I feel fine most mornings and my stomach is flat but by the end of the day and sometimes by the early afternoon, even when under my calories, my belly is huge. My sister said I don't look fat, I look pregnant. (I am NOT pregnant, my belly shrinks and extends.) My mom says it's to severe to be bloating. I have no idea what's going on here and I didn't want to rush into a walk in clinic. I don't trust doctors very much, so I want your opinions and experiences with getting rid of this! I worked hard and I want my flat belly (well, flat to me compared to before!), not this old me belly.

The first picture was taken a week ago when I hit my goal. I was feeling on top of the world! The second picture was taken today at 2:30pm, this is how distended my stomach has been since Thursday. (I wore a baggy sweater and old, now baggy, lulu pants to work because I felt so crappy.) Please excuse my face, it's my I don't like this face. :P

I have a social to go to next weekend and I want my stomach back!

For those interested, here's what I ate before taking the picture: Vanilla bean chai tea (0 cals), 2 homemade scones (approx 480 cals) with 1/2 tsp margarine (30 cals), 1.5oz salami and some pepto bismol (0 cals)

q2ofwc1nts1d.jpg
fyt89b5esujw.jpg

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    That is from the same day? Crazy.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You should probably see a doctor? Is there any possibility at all that you are pregnant?

Anyway it looks like you have a distended Stomach (I'm not a doctor or anything). One cause is pregnancy, but other things can cause it as well (food allergies/intolerance for example) and it is something that you should see a doctor for.
  • Shanairah1991
    Options
    You should probably see a doctor? Is there any possibility at all that you are pregnant?

Nope not pregnant, it comes and goes. I'm leaner in the morning then after lunch it extends
  • Shanairah1991
    Options

These pictures aren't the same day but yes it does extend this much in one day.

• dianaramirez1220
    dianaramirez1220 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My ex sister in law is this way too. But she doesn't know what it is. If I was you I do some research on it.
  • jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    you could have a dairy allergy. This happens to me (my belly is never flat but the bloating makes me look very preggers) when I eat dairy.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I wake up flat tummy and after even a small breakfast I am bloated!
    I feel like it is dairy too, when I stopped eating it for awhile my stomach stays flatter.
  • Shanairah1991
    Options
    jennifir wrote: »
    you could have a dairy allergy. This happens to me (my belly is never flat but the bloating makes me look very preggers) when I eat dairy.

I wonder. The only dairy I usually have is 1/4 cup milk In my morning coffee. Once in a while I'll have a yogurt or once in a very blue moon a piece of cheese but it isn't often. I was thinking bread? I love bread.
  • Shanairah1991
    Options
    I have the same problem. I wake up flat tummy and after even a small breakfast I am bloated!
    I feel like it is dairy too, when I stopped eating it for awhile my stomach stays flatter.

Ill try drinking my coffee black with some sugar and see how I feel :)
  • jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I also notice a problem of heavy bloating when I eat anything with beans as well. It has just been in the past couple of years I have noticed this stuff and tested it all out, by cutting those things out. I really miss falafals! I'll be talking to my doctor about it at my next visit. But that may be another thing that could be causing it.
  • MillyFleurs
    MillyFleurs Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Does it hurt? Are you constipated? This happens to me during an IBS-C flare up.
  • Shanairah1991
    Options
    Does it hurt? Are you constipated? This happens to me during an IBS-C flare up.

It does hurt and no actually, the opposite right now.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options

Ill try drinking my coffee black with some sugar and see how I feel :)

Almond milk is good in coffee :smile:
  • alleycat360
    alleycat360 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have you tried a potent dose of probiotics? I used Primal Defense Ultra by Garden of Life. I worked my way up to 6 a day (3 at night before bed on an empty stomach and 3 in the morning) This has helped me a TON.
  • amyf2000
    amyf2000 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I think this kind of thing is caused by digestive issues. I used to have terrible bloating and the opposite of constipation every day. My ob-gyn told me to take probiotics. I take Ultimate Flora Women's daily plus two acidophilus pills, and I take digestive enzymes (the GNC brand) with lunch and dinner, beano if I eat raw vegetables or beans, and dairy pills with dairy. Well, I used to take all that - now I don't have much problem with dairy anymore. Intolerances to dairy, soy and wheat are very common (so yes it could be bread), and fried food and alcohol are also very hard on your system. If you were recently on antibiotics, that can really mess up your digestive imbalance, as can years of careless eating. Oh, and diet soda. The carbonation can cause bloating and some people are very sensitive to fake sugar. For me, the stomach pain I would have went away when I stopped drinking Coke zero every day.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Your belly is bloated and it's either a food allergy or a gassy food you ate the night before being broken down enough to cause gas. You can either see a doctor to get tests done or do an elimination diet.
  • emilyrigh
    emilyrigh Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem but it's not as extreme. I found my stomach reacts really badly to some foods. I can't eat things like bananas, broccoli and some dairy food. My stomach will bloat (in the round preggers way) with severe pain. Watch how your body reacts to different foods.
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    If you have an upset stomach and it's bloated then it's probably an intolerance to something you're eating. Try cutting only one thing out for a week at a time - e.g. dairy, gluten, fructose etc. - and seeing if it settles down. Note that I'm not a dietician so my advice may be terrible, and note also that if you're actually going to go to the doctor for a diagnosis, they will need to test for it which means that they need you to still be eating the foods you are sensitive towards to get a diagnosis (especially if it's gluten).
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    if it hurts that bad see a dr. it can be like others stated(food intolerances,allergies,etc) or it could be other things causing it.
  • Maries_wine_calories
    Maries_wine_calories Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have had an issue with distended belly for all of my adult life. I've also had a problem with "eliminating" with some routine my entire life. I too would bloat to "pregnancy status" and would wonder if it was white flour, sugar etc. Since losing weight and taking probiotics (plus some yogurt) every day, I've honestly been nearly cured of the bloating and my bathroom routine is much more regular-so long as I pay attention to my fibre and fats.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!