The Incredible Power Of Makeup

Options

Replies

• shoppingmaniac86
    shoppingmaniac86 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    he280 wrote: »
    Why bother?

The look! I look more cutesy without makeup and sexier with it I like to change up my look
  • LouisianaHotSauce_93
    LouisianaHotSauce_93 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup. To accentuate what already have. Plus it's kind of have to. I do hair so I have to pretty much look good everyday I'm in the salon. That means waking up thirty or more minutes early and putting an effort in. Mainly it's me getting up and drinking caffeine and sitting down at my vanity for 20 minutes!
  • LouisianaHotSauce_93
    LouisianaHotSauce_93 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Plus I look 16 without makeup! No shame. Lol
  • he280
    he280 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    he280 wrote: »
    Why bother?

The look! I look more cutesy without makeup and sexier with it I like to change up my look

I see both in both pics! Yet what makes you comfy is what matters!!!
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    makeup before and after lol

kywu90l55yku.jpg

You look beautiful make or not. But I get what you love about it…I wear it everyday too.
  • shoppingmaniac86
    Options
    I wear makeup. To accentuate what already have. Plus it's kind of have to. I do hair so I have to pretty much look good everyday I'm in the salon. That means waking up thirty or more minutes early and putting an effort in. Mainly it's me getting up and drinking caffeine and sitting down at my vanity for 20 minutes!

Me too girl I feel you but now a days I just wear eyeliner, mascara,tinted moisturizer, concealer and blush lol
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I love makeup though. I used to wear it all the time and wear it well. I took all my application tips from Vogue. I mostly go bare faced now unless I'm attending a social function. Plus I'm over 40 and don't want the foundation to settle into the little lines that now frame my eyes. If there's a way of avoiding that, please let me know :blush:

Use a makeup primer. It helps fill in the little lines and pores so your foundation goes on smoothly. Also, as others have stated, use an age-appropriate foundation. There are some great formulas out there, some that stay put and don't rub off. You can totally wear makeup over 40; I do it every day (full face, as in my profile pic).

I do like her makeup but it's heavy for a day look. I feel like she could enhance her beauty with just some BB cream to even out her skin, fill in her eyebrows, mascara to bring out the blue eyes, maybe a little colour on her cheeks. That would be a great day look for her.

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I'm too lazy to even blow dry my hair let alone do anything else.
    Kudos to her but no, lazy and DGAF
  • shoppingmaniac86
    Options
    1shauna1 wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I love makeup though. I used to wear it all the time and wear it well. I took all my application tips from Vogue. I mostly go bare faced now unless I'm attending a social function. Plus I'm over 40 and don't want the foundation to settle into the little lines that now frame my eyes. If there's a way of avoiding that, please let me know :blush:

Use a makeup primer. It helps fill in the little lines and pores so your foundation goes on smoothly. Also, as others have stated, use an age-appropriate foundation. There are some great formulas out there, some that stay put and don't rub off. You can totally wear makeup over 40; I do it every day (full face, as in my profile pic).

I do like her makeup but it's heavy for a day look. I feel like she could enhance her beauty with just some BB cream to even out her skin, fill in her eyebrows, mascara to bring out the blue eyes, maybe a little colour on her cheeks. That would be a great day look for her.

I would recommend the becca primer it's pretty awesome!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    It takes me about 2 minutes maybe to do my make-up in the morning. BB cream foundation, eyeliner and mascara. Maybe eye-shadow if I'm feeling adventurous that day. I simply don't have the time or the desire to do more than that. Days that I don't work I don't even mess with it.
  • shoppingmaniac86
    Options
    makeup before and after lol

kywu90l55yku.jpg

You look beautiful make or not. But I get what you love about it…I wear it everyday too.

Thanks girl I'm sure you do too!
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    I actually look younger without make up I've noticed. I'm 50/50 sometimes I wear it, sometimes I don't. Depends on my mood.
  • shoppingmaniac86
    Options
    JenAndSome wrote: »
    It takes me about 2 minutes maybe to do my make-up in the morning. BB cream foundation, eyeliner and mascara. Maybe eye-shadow if I'm feeling adventurous that day. I simply don't have the time or the desire to do more than that. Days that I don't work I don't even mess with it.

I only do eyeshadow on my days off loL
  • Elle_Bronwyn15
    Elle_Bronwyn15 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    False Advertising. lol
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm first to admit that make up is beautiful and makes a big difference! However "Less is More" A little cover up and accent is lovely, but we can go too far and end up looking like a Drag Queen if we apply too much! My daily make up routine starts with a light moisturizer, a thick coat of sunscreen that I let dry, then if needed on that particular day, a light foundation, curl my lashes, a coat of mascara and finally my lip liner and lipstick. That's it! For special events I'll add a light eyeliner on top edges and a couple more coats of mascara and as far as blush goes...I never touch the stuff! My daily makeup takes around ten minutes! :smile:
  • cosmiqrecovery
    cosmiqrecovery Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    it would be false advertising if people who wore make-up were consumable products. good thing we aren't. :p anyways i'm in a very committed relationship with my eyeliner.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    i have no problem putting it on, i just always dread taking it off - inevitably, some will get in my eye and sting for a while.

9 days out of 10, i won't bother.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,511 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that if makeup changes SO MUCH how someone looks naturally, then it's no different than wearing a mask. Consequently my past girlfriends all wore pretty light make up.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The girl in the OP is a perfect example of that. She looks fine either way, but she also looks like two completely different people!

The other girl that posted ber before and after is what it should be about, imo. Enhancing her looks rather than changing them entirely. ETA: on a daily basis that is. Sometimes it's fun to frost the whole cake and go out.

Personally, I think I look better with it, but younger (and possibly more tired) without it.
  • bulk_n_cut
    bulk_n_cut Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    no amount of make up will hide a double chin