Fitness tracker?

Options
I want to get a fitness tracker that count steps and calories and such and that I can sync here with my phone. What do you recommend and why?

Replies

• Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I don't have one but I'm strongly leaning toward the Fit Bit Flex.
  • JillUrbina
    JillUrbina Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Misfit flash. It's the least expensive and totally gets the job done
  • bretto_101
    bretto_101 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Fit bit hr it dose everything
  • twinkleton
    twinkleton Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    The fitbit flex is great..........when it charges up - I bought 2, one for my daughter and 1 for myself about 3 months ago - the dongle doesnt charge them now gggrrr!!!
  • samforward90
    samforward90 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    JillUrbina wrote: »

I love the misfit flash too! I wear it day and night and forget it's there! I have gone through many different trackers. I have had a Fitbit Flex and a Nike Fuelband Amongst others but find the flash is the most accurate too!!
  • samforward90
    samforward90 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    JillUrbina wrote: »

I love the misfit flash too! I wear it day and night and forget it's there! I have gone through many different trackers. I have had a Fitbit Flex and a Nike Fuelband Amongst others but find the flash is the most accurate too!!

And the battery last for 6 months then it's just a watch battery needed! Much easier than charging every other day!!
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Right now I am just using an app on my phone. Pacer Pedometer, you can download it from here. It syncs with this site and downloads your steps and calorie adjustments.
  • dmonaghan909
    dmonaghan909 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Garmin Vivosmart is great. I've had it a month. I love it
  • heathertwins
    heathertwins Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love my misfit shine, it's the best if you like to swim too!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I lost the weight & have maintained for a year thanks to MFP + Fitbit.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • cazvenger
    cazvenger Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Flex and recommend it to pretty much anyone who will listen, primarily because of the challenges you can get involved in with a Fitbit. Right now I'm in 4th place in a Workweek Hustle challenge (who can get the most steps in M-F) and only 6k steps behind 1st, I'm seriously considering going on a long walk during lunch and potentially taking a long detour to my bus stop on the way home so I can hit the top spot. I may be too competitive for my own good, but they're really good at motivating me to get up and do something, even if only to keep up with the pack sometimes.

As editorgrrl mentioned, there's a Fitbit users group where everyone posts the links to their profiles, so you can make a ton of friends really quickly. My average step count has gone up from 9k/day to 12-13k/day since I started getting really involved in challenges and adding friends.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Love my FitBit Charge; will possibly upgrade soon to the HR model.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I use my phone, Samsung Health. tracks my steps and can track my workouts. it does not sync here though. I'm considering a misfit or fitbit
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    After much consideration I finally got a FitBit flex. I had been leaning towards a Misfit Shine, but I literally know no one who has one, and a part of the whole concept is having friends to make it a fun little push to get more movement in. I do really like the online dashboard FitBit has, and their app is pretty good too. My one gripe is that I haven't figured out a way to change my goals on the iPhone app, though I've also not really gone digging (and shouldn't have to, because it should be more intuitive).

I have a good chunk of friends from MFP, my sister, and a few co-workers on there as friends so my competitive side is always hard at work. :laugh: The only thing that could potentially pull me away from FitBit is if Apple Watch is simply too good for me to pass up. I'll find out soon enough as DH has ordered one. :P
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    I haven't figured out a way to change my goals on the iPhone app, though I've also not really gone digging (and shouldn't have to, because it should be more intuitive).

You can't change goals via the Fitbit iOS app. You have to open http://www.fitbit.com in Safari.

It's easy to find the answer to pretty much any question in the Help section: http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-set-goals-with-Charge-or-Charge-HR
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I've been considering getting a Fitbit Charge HR. I downloaded the Fitbit app and have been exploring it and am actually not really impressed by the app. I'm not sure if that gets better if I actually have a device to sync with it.

When I had an iPhone, I used Argus. It was fantastic and would sync with MFP. It was the only thing I liked about having an iPhone. Then I switched back to Android and am now using Google Fit but with its latest update hasn't been very accurate. It also doesn't sync with MFP which blows. I would prefer if they could fix those things. If they did, I would not buy another tracker.
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    I've been considering getting a Fitbit Charge HR. I downloaded the Fitbit app and have been exploring it and am actually not really impressed by the app. I'm not sure if that gets better if I actually have a device to sync with it.

When you connect your accounts, MFP adjusts your calorie goal every day to Fitbit burn minus deficit.

I use the Fitbit app for challenges and for messaging my friends. I check my progress right on my Charge HR.
  • rd2bme
    rd2bme Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a striiv band. 50 bucks, tracks sleep, steps, calories burned and syncs with this site as well as my iPhone. Thin design and battery charge takes one hour and lasts 2 weeks. So far love it!!
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I can't decide between the Flex and the Charge! Arrrg! :#

I think I just need to hit REI, talk to someone, and try them on.