What is the most filling breakfast for you?

Options

Replies

• JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs and baked beans. Lots of protein and fiber. I make eggs for the week and just reheat them each morning.
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I usually have a bowl of cereal with light soy milk, and a glass of V8. My favorite cereal right now is Nature's Path - Organic Flax Plus Pumpkin Raisin Crunch. I have 1.5 servings (a little over a cup) and the whole breakfast is 405 calories. With a smaller serving you could easily be under 300 calories.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Put together your oatmeal the night before. I put 1/2 cup of old-fashioned oats and a pinch of salt, and 10 grams of raisins) in my glass tupperware, and set out the cinnamon and leave the 1/2 cup measure on top of the lid. Next morning, put a scant one cup water in the tupperware and microwave with out the lid for 2 minutes 45 seconds. Add 1/2 scoop protein powder and the cinnamon (I use 1/4 tsp) and stir well.
    It literally takes me 3 minutes to make it. You could cover it and take with you to work if you prefer to eat there,
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    3 egg omlette with ham, cheese and onions.
    this! Sometimes with Egg Beaters and bell peppers chopped up as well.
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I usually have a couple eggs, a couple slices of bacon, a couple sausages, some cheese, and some spinach with butter.
  • vdobbs28
    vdobbs28 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, whole wheat muffin with peanut butter and 1/2 cup of skim milk. I also have an energy drink to start my day out with. I hope this helps you!! :)
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I get bio protein bars by the box at costco. double chocolate and chocolate peanut butter. I have one every morning. Who knew I could lose weight eating a big chocolate bar for breakfast every day. 23 g protein, 20%, calcium 40% iron, 36% fibre. Keeps me going for hours. (310 calories)
  • SwolfeC
    SwolfeC Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i have egg white egg beaters, quick oats and an apple. I am full for such a long time! Its very new for me to eat like this so early in the am but it seems to work well
  • JulieAnn1109
    JulieAnn1109 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I 'm a working mom of 4 kids so i can relate with the whold grab and go thing!!!

* we do alot of HIGH protein cereal bars at my house!!
    * i also make fresh fruit cups and keep them in the fridge (small 1-2 ounce containers filled with kiwi, grapes, and berries etc..) these go well with cheese sticks!
    * you can also buy pre cooked sausage and bacon that you just warm in the microwave fir a few seconds.
    * if you like, i've learned this trick for my 13 year old "growing" son who needs a "bigger" breakfast than the girls, I put one egg in a coffee cup and mix in a little shredded cheese. cook it in 15 second intervals for about a min. ( i cook it this way so it doesn't pop and splatter!) When its done, its the perfect fit to top an english muffin!!

Hope this helps! :wink:
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    Banana omlette is gorgeous...sounds awful I know but try it, nom nom nom
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    2 egg omelet with cream, cheese, two cups of spinach and some bacon.
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    EGGSSSS. I could not do breakfast without them... also, peanut butter and apples. Or Greek yogurt and berries of some kind. I cannot do breakfast without A LOT of protein.
  • suaku
    suaku Posts: 45
    Options
    3 servings Eggbeaters Southwestern Style (or generic equivalent), 1 oz Kraft Fat-Free Shredded Cheddar, 1 Tbsp of my favorite salsa -- microwave for 90 seconds, stir and microwave for another 90 seconds until done. While that's going, heat up a large La Tortilla Factory Lo Carb/High Fiber Tortilla in the toaster oven, wrap the eggs/cheese/salsa in it and you have a 1/2 lb. breakfast burrito that's 205 calories with 32g of protein and 12g of fiber. I usually eat this with 200g (1/2 lb) of fresh pineapple for another 100 calories and I'm good for the morning. This time of year, I switch to strawberries which are the same calorie-wise. That is about a pound of food with protein and fiber (and I drink about 4 glasses of water with it), and I'm good til a late lunch.

Good luck! :)
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Refrigerator Oatmeal can be made the night before and will be ready to eat in the morning. You can even put it in mason jars so you can take it with you to eat throughout the morning.

http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
  • katinachaos
    katinachaos Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast until I am actually hungry for it because I'm like you, when I eat early, I get hungrier than when I skip it all together. I don't know if your job can allow for that, though.

Quick stuff:

Smoothies (I got PB2, soy milk, banana, done)
    Egg muffins (line a muffin pan with slices of low sodium turkey, fill with Egg Beaters, bake. Can be eaten right away or popped in the microwave later in the week)
    Hard boiled eggs and avocado, maybe with a bit of light meat. Again, I make the eggs on my day off and grab 'em and go.

Or just give up the concept that some foods are for breakfast only and eat what you like when you want it.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    B. It seems like when I do eat... I'm MORE hungry sooner in the day, well and all throughout the day for that matter..

my nutritionist said that while eating breakfast can be beneficial, if it leads to increased hunger earlier in the day (like it does for me) that kind of negates the benefits so... don't let anyone tell you that you must eat breakfast. I only eat early if I am going to have a very physically active morning and feel like I need the fuel, and In that case I can afford to eat a little more anyway.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I have 1/4 cup egg whites, whole wheat English muffin and a black diamond cheese slice with a coffee every work morning. So good and keeps me full until lunch. It's quite high in sodium though. It's really easy to make though. I have a small container which I microwave the egg whites in for 1 minute, I then put the English muffin in the microwave for about 30 seconds, add cheese slice. Done! On weekends I usually have two slices of whole wheat toast and two whole eggs.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I think a fritatta or crustless quiche would suite you well. Bake up a bunch of eggs with whatever mix-ins you like (sausage, bacon, veggies, cheese, etc) for quick microwaving on your way out the door. Make enough for the week and store in the freezer in individual servings.
  • jellyfish1976
    Options
    I am a nursing student and work full time as well so I can relate :)

Hardboiled egg, veggies and hummus, cottage cheese mixed with salsa, celery and peanut butter

When I have time to cook: 2 eggs with some cheese and salsa on top.
  • HS2305
    HS2305 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Porridge :)