A brick wall

lizscan
lizscan Posts: 3 Member
Hi all,

Feeling frustrated this morning ,I have tracked all my food and I do an hours training 5 days a week not an ounce have I lost . I'm always in a deficit in my food too . Had breast cancer last year and I'm on s drug called tamoxifen which I believe makes it so hard to lose weight . Lost a lb Saturday back on Sunday . Anyone in the same boat , have to stay on drug for 5 years. Anyone successful on this drug ? Feeling demotivated

Replies

• michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 429 Member
    Liz, you have won the battle thus far. Congrats to you on that. I have not had cancer but am an avid supporter as my mother had cancer in 95 & surgery & was on tomoxifen & it was successful. She was in remission for 19 years then the cancer returned in the same breast and she had a mastectomy just this year & is on new meds. Keep working out as it is the best thing for you. Don't know if training meant that you are strength training or doing cardio. You may need to up your cardio to make sure you are really getting your heart rate up there and/or switch things up a bit. Keep logging all your food & be cautious of the amounts as we sometimes tend to over estimate visually on what a true portion is. Make sure you are getting ample amounts of protein & be cautious of your sodium intake which leads to bloating and water retention. Try to eat fresh foods and vegetables over pre-packaged if at all cost & stay hydrated. It will benefit your health along your journey. You are a fighter and can do this.
  • lizscan
    lizscan Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks so much Michelle , I do cardio strength tabatta and trx and HIIT training I'm fitter than I ever was , I'll take all your tips on board and keep fighting x