Winter recipes that are low cal?

Options
DrunkInAGolfCart
DrunkInAGolfCart Posts: 57 Member
For a fat person, Winter presents a bit of a Catch 22. Though I'm generalising, I'd say from personal experience that it's at least partially kinder to us than Summer. Jeans look a lot better on me than shorts! It's easier for the Fat Person to cuddle up near the fire than to bare all in swimsuit at the beach. As the mercury rises on the thermometer so does our awareness of our own blubber. The sweating. The chafing. Oh my god The Chafing (skirts should not be worn when one not only lacks a thigh gap but - on the contrary - has thighs that share a bond that even sweat - and immense rubbage - can not destroy). The general misery of Summer is only slightly countered by the fact that it's easier to eat less.

The cruel reality of winter is that in our comfortable warm little sanctuary it's common to feel like ones stomach is a never ending, blood thirsty titan that will not rest until it's devoured the entire contents of our pantry.

I'm from Sydney and we're heading right into the thick of our Australian Winter. I'm well aware that we have a pretty mild Winter compared to many folk out there but it still gets bloody cold!

Finding simple, filling low cal meals is much harder in the cold. I also don't like soup much! I am NOT a cook by any means so I've basically been living on simple meals like 1 serving of frozen fish with some frozen veggies and gravy. I really would like to mix it up a bit though.

tl;dr This non-cook would really like some simple low cal recipes that are appropriate for the colder months. Thank you!