Hurtful People

Options
I've been working hard at this weight loss thing since January, I've only lost 15 lbs......but's it's ok slow and steady wins the race, right? I mean of course I wish it were easier, but I've been happy just to see the numbers on the scale go down and to drop one size. That is until last night..... I work with volunteers on a weekly basis and one of the male volunteers made a rude comment last night. He looked at my stomach and looked at me, I asked him "what" and he said "nothing, I'm not stupid enought to ask that question" (oh yeah I forgot to mention that I work with pregnant women). He was implying that I look pregnant, and I thought I looked good - while at least better than I did 5 months ago! I was stunned, I couldn't respond, other than tearing up. I came home cried a bit, and I still feel like crying today. Just sucks that people are mean, and say things like this. I just don't get it????

Thanks for listening

Replies

• MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry hun :(.
    That guy sounds like a jerk, and not worth your time. Losing 15 pounds is a great accomplishment that you should be so proud of. The important thing to remember is that you are losing weight for YOU, not anyone else. You're happy with your progress, your family and friends are proud of you, who cares what that guy thinks? I've dealt with my fair share of *kitten*, and they suck. Remember that you are a better person who doesn't need to make others feel bad.

By the way, you lost three of these:
    yl0tz.jpg

CONGRATS! :flowerforyou:
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    You've come a long way don't let that upset you. It could also be that you are losing unevenly and right now your stomach may look a bit bigger because the rest of you is smaller. Stay with it and it should all even out. :flowerforyou:
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options
    don't let one asshat take away from what you have acomplished :)

you've done really well - that is what matters :) There will always be idiots out there, and he likely doesn't even realize that his comment could be hurtful. He likely wasn't trying to be mean :)
  • aproctor1120
    Options
    You look him straight in the eye and say, "Yes, I know I'm overweight but I'm working hard to become a healthier me. It's you I feel sorry for you. There is no known cure for ignorance".
  • krichardson0102
    krichardson0102 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words, they honestly helped!

Especially the picture of 5 lbs of fat!!! I sure am glad I got rid of that!