I ate all my lunch at 0700.

This morning, I woke up, had a cup of coffee, sewed my husband's uniform, had a bowl of yogurt, and went to work at 0500.

I decided that it was a good idea to look up some food ideas for my son's 3rd birthday on Pinterest. Before I knew it, I was eating my lunch at 0700 - 4 hours before I intended to eat it. I then proceeded to eat a Little Debbie donut stick. Despite my (insanely strong) urge to keep eating snack cakes (and everything else I could get my hands on), I logged the items, went to work out at 1000 and ate my mid-morning snack for lunch. I then pre-logged my dinner calories so I wouldn't be tempted to mess up again.

So, instead of making one mistake and letting it ruin the whole day ahead, I took it in stride and kept myself on track!

I count this as a success!

Replies

• hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Great job!
  • TaurianDoll
    TaurianDoll Posts: 111 Member
    Awesome job! Actually thinking before you eat works wonders. Be proud of yourself!
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Great job! One slip up doesn't mean the whole day is a write off. Well done :)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Success for sure... This is really not even a slip up, because you were completely mindful and accountable every step of the way...
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Nice strategy!
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    That IS success, no doubt about it. I bow to you.
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Good job!
  • LittlePinkShotgun
    LittlePinkShotgun Posts: 101 Member
    This morning, I woke up, had a cup of coffee, sewed my husband's uniform, had a bowl of yogurt, and went to work at 0500.

I decided that it was a good idea to look up some food ideas for my son's 3rd birthday on Pinterest. Before I knew it, I was eating my lunch at 0700 - 4 hours before I intended to eat it. I then proceeded to eat a Little Debbie donut stick. Despite my (insanely strong) urge to keep eating snack cakes (and everything else I could get my hands on), I logged the items, went to work out at 1000 and ate my mid-morning snack for lunch. I then pre-logged my dinner calories so I wouldn't be tempted to mess up again.

So, instead of making one mistake and letting it ruin the whole day ahead, I took it in stride and kept myself on track!

Very well done!!! It's so hard to do that.
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Great job; but you probably should have had more for breakfast--a cup of coffee and a cup of yogurt aren't very much.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member

Right on! Having a good relationship with food does not include guilt, and that's just as important as losing the weight. Having a snack cake should just mean you wanted a snack cake, and you're willing to juggle a few things to make it fit. It shouldn't mean giving up for the day and plunging yourself into the depths of Ho-Ho hell.
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Well done
  • Funship
    Funship Posts: 86 Member
    Awesome job!
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    edited June 2015
    That is progress! Being mindful of your what you eat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!