Maximum excercise calorie conversion

I have til now today done more than 13000 steps but it seems that in My Fitness Pal nothing over 10000 steps is accounted for. I see that I have used 521 calories from exercising today but surely that isn't right as I've done lots more today and I can see this in the Food Diary but it just isn't going up. Can anybody shed me some light on this?

Replies

• ljk0615
    ljk0615 Posts: 160 Member
    Sometimes it takes a while for Fitbit to sync with mfp and give you your extra calories. Sometimes you just have to give it some time. That is what's wrong right?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    I have til now today done more than 13000 steps but it seems that in My Fitness Pal nothing over 10000 steps is accounted for. I see that I have used 521 calories from exercising today but surely that isn't right as I've done lots more today and I can see this in the Food Diary but it just isn't going up. Can anybody shed me some light on this?

Do you mean you have an activity tracker (like Fitbit), and your adjustment is 521 calories? Click on the adjustment to see the math MFP used to calculate it, but a 521-calorie adjustment means you've burned 521 calories more than your MFP activity level.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • suepie12000
    suepie12000 Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks for both replies. I'm using the Polar Loop which is synched to MFP. I can see on my home page that I have done more than 14000 steps so that synchs well but the calories burned from the exercising stay at 521 calories.
  • ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    edited June 2015
    MFP will only give you credit for your actual exercise calories when you wear the heart rate sensor, it counts the calories from walking as activity. you can go to settings in exercise and set for negative calorie adjustment. But this may give you extra calories if you go over MFP, but will also take away if you're under MFP with your activity and BMR calories.

If you look at the polar flow app, you will see the exercise calories and the full day's calorie burn.
  • suepie12000
    suepie12000 Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks ScubaSteve :)
  • ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    YW