Feeling down...

Options
So I've been suffering depression for a few years now, it comes and goes. Now that I am a single mother and am stressing about moving, looking for work etc, I kind of fell out of my workout routine. After a few weeks I have zero impact on the scale, and that made me feel "like what's the point? I guess ill be this big forever." This is a vent I guess lol but what keeps you guys motivated everyday to keep on your routines? I just want to curl up in a ball and eat my weight in cake haha.

Replies

• MeganKyGirl82
    MeganKyGirl82 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you're depressed and in a stressful situation. I'm not sure that I have any one certain reason that motivates me. I just made a decision a while ago that I wanted to change. I was sick of spending hours shopping and only finding one decent pair of jeans that fit. I didn't like being out of breath when I played with my kids. Motivation isn't an ongoing thing for me. I basically reset mentally every single day. I try to focus on getting in my workout as priority one for myself. Once my workout is over, then there isn't so much stress on what I eat. Everyone is different so I can't generalize, but the work out is definitely what keeps me going even if I have to force myself to do it. Best of luck to you. I log daily if you're looking to add friends.