Microsoft band measures body temperature any others?

Options
br3adman
br3adman Posts: 284 Member
I'm looking for a band that measures body temperature durning these hot summer days. the only one I've found is the Microsoft band and its $200. Anyone have anything else that measures body temp?

Replies

• AChildAtHeart
    AChildAtHeart Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just did a bunch of research and ended up with the band, and I didn't find any others in the up to $250 price range that do temp.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Why spend all this money on fancy gym equipment, bands, and fitness watches, when all you need is a timer, calorie counter, and weights. You'll lose weight whether you spend $250 on a body temperature moniter or not, just as long as you eat at a deficit and workout regularly. Including low/high intensity cardio, paired with weight training. I was 215, now I'm 153 and fairly cut. Now trying to gain weight. I did that simply through running, skipping, lifting weights, and only eating foods that weren't made in a factory.
  • br3adman
    br3adman Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Why spend all this money on fancy gym equipment, bands, and fitness watches, when all you need is a timer, calorie counter, and weights. You'll lose weight whether you spend $250 on a body temperature moniter or not, just as long as you eat at a deficit and workout regularly. Including low/high intensity cardio, paired with weight training. I was 215, now I'm 153 and fairly cut. Now trying to gain weight. I did that simply through running, skipping, lifting weights, and only eating foods that weren't made in a factory.

I don't really want a band for calories ect. I only need something to measure core body temp. I walk in very hot weather and don't need a heat stroke. I've lost 89 pounds without a band but as I loose weight I walk more and more hence increased body temp
  • SimoneBee12
    SimoneBee12 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Why not just buy a regular thermometer from the pharmacy and carry it with you, checking your temperature every 5 minutes? It'll be a lot cheaper, even for a digital thermometer.
  • rushbabe0214
    rushbabe0214 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Why not just educate yourself on the symptoms and/or prevention of heat stroke? No need to buy an expensive piece of equipment.
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I don't believe the skin temperature is being used at this time, at least not from what I've read. I have a Band, and while I love it, I know there a number of sensors that are not currently being used to their fullest potential. For example, the Galvanic Skin Response sensor right now I think only is used to help determine when the Band is being worn and when it is not.

Here's an interesting blog on the topic if you're a techy -

blog.falafel.com/author/bary-nusz/
  • fbinsc
    fbinsc Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    GARMIN makes an ANT+ temperature sensor that works with a lot of devices. It has the added advantage that you can locate it out of direct sunlight or away from skin more easily. I have a Garmin fenix3 with built in temperature sensor, but the readout is a hybrid between skin temp and ambient temp. I personally haven't found it so useful.
  • johnnarasX
    johnnarasX Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    it's more fun with the Band..