My story

Cincypsych
Cincypsych Posts: 116 Member
Began my journey in mid January. Background is post-menopausal ( thank you chemotherapy) 47 year old breast cancer survivor (on Tamoxifen) who has a long history of losing/regaining weight. My simple plan, log my food, eat at a deficit each day, get 10,000 steps in daily, exercise as much as I can, limit alcohol and weigh myself each day. I had success and by mid-April was down from 190 to 165. My typical plan is to lose January through April and then I regain whatever I lost. This year, my weight has stayed the same since mid-April (through my birthday, Mothers Day, 5 years cancer free, kids birthdays, a vacation, graduation parties etc). Rather than being annoyed at not losing weight, I realized that this has been a NSV!! I am practicing maintenance, which I have always failed at. I am thinking that I need to see what my life holds each month or so and decide if I should try to lose that month, or be happy staying the same. I am proud of myself for continuing to weigh daily as I believe this behavior is the key to my success.

Yesterday I had a DR appointment. The nurse weighed me and as she entered my weight in the program a pop-up came up having her check the weight because IT WAS SO MUCH LOWER THAN MY PREVIOUS WEIGHT!!

Replies

• jillfrisch
    jillfrisch Posts: 20 Member
    :)
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    GREAT story!! Awesome news, 5 years cancer free :)
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Excellent news on all counts!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Congrats keep up the good work
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Great story - maintenance is always my downfall so it is great that you have managed to crack it
  • angawilson
    angawilson Posts: 227 Member
    Thank You Thank You.......for sharing your story. What a great NSV, and so motivating to me. I praise God I don't have cancer, but your weight lost is me exactly. Your totally awesome.... 5 Years Free!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!