Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Advice on sugar

kglading
kglading Posts: 80 Member
Hi everybody,
Ok, so I always plan what I eat for right my calorie mark, and everything is fine.. Except for my sugar. I eat soooooo much fruit everyday, that my sugar is way overboard. Is this a bad thing, since it is fruit/natural sugar that I'm eating, or should I back off? I looove my fruit!

Replies

• tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    have you been diagnosed as diabetic or have other disorder that requires you to limit sugar? if not, don't worry about it.
  • kkclif
    kkclif Posts: 155 Member
    I try to eat fruit in moderation. It really depends on your body. If your still losing weight then don't worry about it. If you arent, then maybe try to cut it down a bit. It is natural sugar so it isnt "unhealthy" or anything like that, but some people may have difficulty if they consume too much.
  • toherlimit
    toherlimit Posts: 41 Member
    I have this exact same problem!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Unless you've been advise by a doctor to limit sugar or carbs, sugar from fruit is unlikley a problem. But, in general it's better to eat more vegetables than fruit. Fruits have many valuable nutritents, but vegetables are generally more nutrient dense and contain nutrients not obtained from fruits. And vegetables are usually lower in sugar.