I'm a 1st time grandma and a diabetic.

Options
rosanneenriquez
rosanneenriquez Posts: 5 Member
Well for the first time in my life, I'm finally taking losing weight and weight training seriously..... I'm a new grandma to a beautiful little girl and I want to be around long enough to see her grow up.... I was diagnosed with diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol in 2010. Since November 2014, I went from an XL to a medium, down from a 14 to 10 in pants. I've lost mostly inches which came off from my extra boobs on my back, those nasty love handles are trimming down.... Just need to work on my abdominal area( ugh... Unwanted fat, wish it went to my chicken legs!) Feeling very good and I have more energy everyday. Weight lifting is new and I'm learning techniques to really focus on not injuring myself.... Looking forward to losing more pounds and sculpting those muscles!

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Wahoo! We have a LOT in common. I'm a grandma to a lovely teenage girl. With the weight loss my diabetes went in to remission, I'm about L-XL now, no more high blood pressure or cholesterol. I like to run. Haven't taken weight lifting that seriously.
  • buffer221
    buffer221 Posts: 4,751 Member
    Options
    Have 3 grandchildren myself and similarly I want to see them grow up. I had surgery and now weigh in at 15kg less than before. My aim is to keep the weight off. As for exercise I mostly walk and do Ceroc dancing.
  • rosanneenriquez
    Options
    What's ceroc dancing?
  • buffer221
    buffer221 Posts: 4,751 Member
    Options
  • rosanneenriquez
    Options
    That's cool! Keep up the hard work