Need Help! Lacking Motivation! :(

Options
I need help. I have been going on & off dieting & exercising. Many times I will lose around 22lbs maybe in 3-4 months by strict diet & exercise and then something comes up, I stop & I gain that back. It's 'like' my weight loss is jinxed. I'm never able to complete it! Like I am stuck at 180lbs. & to make things worse I have PCOS too which makes losing weight even more tough!!
Now, the fire I "used" to have is gone completely. I feel tired & fed up of trying. Nothing seems to get me moving & dieting. I feel miserable! & I am going through marital problems, making me emotionally eat.
I need help, I don't know what to do! :'(
29yr old female, 5 2", 180lbs

Replies

• haidos
    haidos Posts: 69
    Options
    I see alot on here that weightloss is 70% food 30% exercise or something along those lines.

Based on that you need to reevaluate your eating habits; Make healthier substitutions, porperly portion your food and fill up on good food not junk.

Make it a lifestyle change not a diet. eat things you like if you crave something have it (in moderation) if you can't moderate it buy less.

As for exercise I suggest just going for a walk, not only will it get your whole body working it'll give you some time to process your thoughts.

Good luck. you can do this. If you have the drive and determination there is nothing standing in your way except you.
  • anonunga
    anonunga Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Food is the primary driver. You can't out exercise a bad diet. There will be calorie friendly foods you enjoy. If you don't know them, learn them.

Exercise wise, make it fun. Whatever physical activities you like doing or previously liked doing, rekindle the fire and throw some lighter fluid on it. Nothing will motivate you more than pursuing your passion.

Good luck :)
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    The first thing you need to do is ignore the word "diet". Most people think that they can eat healthy, lose weight and then go back to what they are doing. You need to make a change in your lifestyle, view food differently and find a plan that you can follow. Counting calories on here is meant to "train" you to eat better so you can do it for the rest of your life.

I wish you luck!
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    i know it must be difficult, but you are the only one who can motivate yourself. Find real reasons why you want to lose weight and then make a plan. What is helping me is that i made list of things that were bad eating habits . For example, no having healthy snacks prompted me to do eat whatever i found. i also found that i eat sweets a little too often , so i cut it to one treat a week. I am not saying that this is true for you or that you should do the same, but weight comes changing habits in the long term and in order to do that you have to identify what's keeping you from eating healthy. good luck you can do it!
  • OceanBlue08
    Options
    Thank you all for that push. :)
  • kmyers4545
    kmyers4545 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Girl. I'm so in the same boat. I get super gung ho, lose weight, then yo-yo back up. I fractured my ankle last March and I've ballooned back up past my heaviest weight *sigh*. I have Hypothyroidism which makes things a little tougher as well. I have talked to my doctor about it. He said some people just have it harder (i.e. me).

I think we just have to take a real hard look in the mirror and decide what's the priority in our lives. I'm not quite there yet, but on forums like these, I think I commit making health *the* number one priority. I think putting less pressure on ourselves might help? Slow and steady instead of going hard core and burning out (totally my M.O.). We'll just have to keep each other motivated!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!