losing inches not pounds- why- will it change?

Options
Hi all

I am getting frustrated- I am losing inches but not pounds - any particular reason for this?
I am eating what my dietitian says and work out 3 days per week-

I have been getting frustrated lately so my menu is not really up to date-

Thank you

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    If you look the way you want to look, fit the clothes you like to buy and get compliments on how fabulous you look, then does it really matter what the scale says? Don't live and die by the scale.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    inches are what is important...the number on the scale is representative of numerous thing...muscle, fat, skeleton, water, waste, etc. If you're losing inches, you're losing fat...if you're losing fat then why are you obsessing about an arbitrary number on a scale?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    First - loss inches > loss of lbs

Second - On the days you actually logged, your logging is all over the place. You're either severely over your calorie goal or severely under.

Log consistently. Maintain a caloric deficit consistently. Exercise consistently.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    inches are what is important...the number on the scale is representative of numerous thing...muscle, fat, skeleton, water, waste, etc. If you're losing inches, you're losing fat...if you're losing fat then why are you obsessing about an arbitrary number on a scale?

agreed.
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Put the scale in the closet and start measuring, taking before/after/progress pics ....and keep going!!!!

10 lbs of muscle and 10 lbs of fat look very different on our bodies!
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    If your goal is to "wear a swimsuit and be proud" this is exactly what you want. People are going to see your great figure, not pick you up and try to guess your weight :)
  • cheron40
    cheron40 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you all- I guess I have been focused on the 20 pounds I am trying to lose
    my menu is all over- starting to get frustraed and losing focus at this point
    however with everyones responces- I am back on the wagon!

Thanks again
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Inches don't lie, the scale does.