help goal weight advice

Options
now i know im going to get advice like don't worry about a number but I want some opinions.

im 5'5" I started out at 185 as or august last year and now am around 158-160. im very happy about my weight loss however.

I want to know what my ultimate goal really should be

part of me doesn't want to make a goal to low that will be unobtainable. but I think mine isn't low enough.

I know my body and I believe I have a small frame. I do have hips but I really think I should weigh like 130 whitch sounds crazy to me . but my goal right now is 140/145 . all my friends and family say I would be too skinny, my mom already says im withering away lol . but I see so many people height, goals being 115 125.

it freaks me out to even think of myself weighing in the 130's god forbid the 120's.

idk its seems so unfathomable to me because ive always weighed 145-155 for the majority of my teens and adult life.

what is every ones opinion on this ?

Replies

• sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The "normal" range for BMI for a 5' 5" woman is 115 to 140. I'd aim for the top end of that then see how you feel.
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    If you are comfortable being 145-155 and you like that look then set that as your goal. The true goal is for you to be happy and fit. While I like the look of fit bodies, I also like a bit of softness on a woman's body.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    115 is pretty low for someone who is 5'5" even if it is within "normal" range. My sister is that weight at 5'4" and she is quite lean, no curves at all.