Water Consumption

Options
New at this... anybody having trouble drinking 8+ cups of water per day? I find that I feel very full and don't want any more after about 5... should I force myself to finish the last 3?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    No problems here, as with the exception of a couple of cups of joe in the morning, water is usually all I drink.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    No, you don't have to drink that much. It's a guideline, not a hard rule.
  • Bronty3
    Bronty3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This is gross for some, but go by the color of your pee. You want it to be pale straw yellow. If it's darker drink some water. Clear then you're plenty hydrated and don't need more. Usually gets darker after a meal I find.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Get a cool cup to drink out of helps me. Or to maje a point to make a gal then drink it you can use tea too tiward that water goal.
  • CUGolfer1994
    CUGolfer1994 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback!
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    If your poo is the consistency of putty then you are hydrated enough. If it is hard then you aren't. I hope I haven't embarrassed you or myself but facts are facts. A couple of months ago I was so dehydrated from not drinking enough fluids and medication that defecating felt like I was passing glass. It hurt, I cried and wondered how I had ever let myself get away from drinking water.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    If your poo is the consistency of putty then you are hydrated enough. If it is hard then you aren't. I hope I haven't embarrassed you or myself but facts are facts. A couple of months ago I was so dehydrated from not drinking enough fluids and medication that defecating felt like I was passing glass. It hurt, I cried and wondered how I had ever let myself get away from drinking water.

That's good knowledge to point out!

OP, I need at least 10 cups but I live at a high altitude and it's very dry here. If you feel ok and your pee isn't neon yellow I'd say you're just fine!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    New at this... anybody having trouble drinking 8+ cups of water per day? I find that I feel very full and don't want any more after about 5... should I force myself to finish the last 3?

I get plenty of liquid through my coffee, and what water I do sip on throughout the day. You can count anything like tea, juice, coffee, ect, if you want to. May people do on here. If you get a large water bottle, that may help. I have a 22oz bottle I bring occasionally to work, and it helps me get to a good amount per day.

Other than that, if I hit 8, great. If I don't, well, I'm still alive, so something's going right. Don't force yourself if you really aren't thirsty, or you're uncomfortable trying to force it down.