I gained 6 pounds in ONE DAY....

Options

Replies

• jennagoogles13
    Options
    you ate 21000 calories in one night??? Holy Sh$t ...You should report that to someone as that may be a world record!!!!
    If that's the record I demolished it. I actually ate around 2700
  • movu101779
    movu101779 Posts: 27
    Options
    Go back to normal eating habits, drink a lot of water (warning you will be going to the bathroom a lot), continue to workout if you do. Your weight will drop right back down. I have been there done that.. I have already dropped 2lbs from my 3 week binge. Yes I said 3 week binge and I gained 6lbs in that 3 weeks..
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    you ate 21000 calories in one night??? Holy Sh$t ...You should report that to someone as that may be a world record!!!!

You forgot a 0.
  • jennagoogles13
    Options

You forgot a 0.
    Oh..that's awkward...I read 2100 hahaha!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I weighed in at 153.8. (yay) today I rolled outta bed, worked out, ate, drank, did a little crochet, then took a shower. Stepped on the scale for my own personal amusement, I was 158. I laughed and got dressed while contemplating how I want to get ready for my dinner at Red Lobster tonight (I gotta arrange my calories to get at least two biscuits into my stomach.)

Pick a weight in day, stick to it. That is the only day your weight matters, or else your brain will literally explode. I mean it. Blood, bone, and viscera everywhere. Also, handy side effect beyond not having your head blow up, you'll be happier because random fluxes won't make you upset.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

You forgot a 0.
    Oh..that's awkward...I read 2100 hahaha!

maybe the surplus caloric intake is affecting vision?
  • SCHURMIE
    SCHURMIE Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Water weight - 5 lbs easy!!
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    How long should it take for the water weight to go away if I just continue to do what I've been doing, and drink a lot of water?

In my case it took 9 days to go go down 6 pounds. Generally for me it goes down just half a pound a day.
  • msaprilm1
    msaprilm1 Posts: 47
    Options
    Here's an idea:

stop weighing yourself more than once a week.

it's a mind f&%* you don't need.
    ^^^^^^^^^
    This
  • kkclif
    kkclif Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    it's not fat, its probably sodium but by any chance are you on medication because i know i gain a lot on certain meds.
    Nope. no medication here

It's probably from all of the soda.
  • emc916
    emc916 Posts: 77
    Options
    Carne Asada Burrito = Hella Sodium and Hella good!

I can eat like crap and go from 155 to 168lbs in a day.. Don't stress about it. The weight will be gone within a week.
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I recently saw a post where someone tracked their weight EVERY DAY for a period of time and then made a graph with it. It was neat to see the fluctuations and the overall downward trend. I personally am more worried about the overall trend than the day to day fluctations. This being said. I started my own chart this week to weigh every day and then only "log" my weight (on MFP) on Mondays and it went like this:

Mon - 169.0
    Tue - 168.0 so down 1lb
    Wed - 168.2 up .2 lb
    Thur - 169.0 up .8 lb
    Fri - 166.2 down 2.8lb!

Of course I hope I am close to my Friday # when I log on Monday but if not I am not too worried about it. I've also learned/been told that our bodies naturally fluctuate up to 5 lb in a day so I wouldn't be worried if I were you.
  • hseipel12
    hseipel12 Posts: 26
    Options
    Eat some fiber. Sounds like you have a giant food baby!
  • badgergrrl
    badgergrrl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Other thing that I'm not sure has been mentioned yet is - where are you in your cycle? I started looking at my weight fluctuations against my menstrual cycle, and now know there are certain times of the month that I just don't weigh myself....
  • lswain1970
    lswain1970 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    If you have been keeping carbs low, you can gain alot. Glycogen storage. When I carb loads, I can gain 10 lbs + in <24 hours. Goes away after a few days. Just carry on as you were.
    ^^ this
    Water, tea and bananas can all help flush out the water weight. It's happened to me.
    and ^^this

I only recently learned that carbs, especially simple carbs like bread and sugar cause water retention. Anytime I see a fluctionation on the scale that does't match my calorie "overage" from the past few days I remind myself of this and check my macros in MFP.

Green tea, bananas, and water with lemon for about three days is what it takes for me. I don't step on the scale for at least three days after a high carb day unless I am simply monitoring the effects of my food choices.
  • lswain1970
    lswain1970 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I recently saw a post where someone tracked their weight EVERY DAY for a period of time and then made a graph with it. It was neat to see the fluctuations and the overall downward trend. I personally am more worried about the overall trend than the day to day fluctations. This being said. I started my own chart this week to weigh every day and then only "log" my weight (on MFP) on Mondays and it went like this:

Mon - 169.0
    Tue - 168.0 so down 1lb
    Wed - 168.2 up .2 lb
    Thur - 169.0 up .8 lb
    Fri - 166.2 down 2.8lb!

Of course I hope I am close to my Friday # when I log on Monday but if not I am not too worried about it. I've also learned/been told that our bodies naturally fluctuate up to 5 lb in a day so I wouldn't be worried if I were you.

If you have an android phone there is an app called Libra that allows you to track daily and shows all kinds of stats including the overall trend line. I love it..keeps me from freaking out about a large fluctuation and/or stalls.
  • kirk_clawson
    kirk_clawson Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Eat some fiber. Sounds like you have a giant food baby!

This was my first thought. You just need to spend some quality reading time in the bathroom. :smile:
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Before you post topics there is a choice at the top called "search" maybe use it next time? :flowerforyou:
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Oh no at this rate in 10 days you'll gain 60 LBS!!!!!!!

Calm Down, Relax and just be
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    It's the carne asada burrito (yum!) and probably the soda. The sodium content is so high in both of those. Don't worry, it'll go down again but it may take a day or two.