iifym macros

Options
Hey everyone!

I am interested in learning the iifym method of weightloss, but I do have a few questions.
1) Do I have to be a weightlifter to reach my weightloss goals? I am more of a cardio girl.
2) Can anyone help me figure out what my macros should be? I have been to iifym.com and just want to be sure that I am reading it right.
About me: I am female, 5'7, 240 pounds exercise 3 times a week, work in retail so I guess sedentary would be the choice for me, Looking to lose 50 pounds.

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    1. No. You don't have to lift. But if you look at the numerous threads with before and after photos of the ladies who lift, you might reconsider.
    2. If you're eating at a deficit, then it's a good idea to increase your protein above the minimum requirements to help protect muscle. Many people set their macros at 30% protein, 30% fat and 40% carbs. Depending on your goals and how you end up feeling, you can probably change any of those up or down about 5-10% and still be ok.
  • vgrezzy
    vgrezzy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    you don't have to lift but it's a really good idea because it's great for your body, helps you burn more calories in a resting state, and shapes your body so cardio may just have you look "skinny-fat" when you reach your goal weight. consider talking to a nutritionist as well about setting your macros to fit your goals