could use some support!

Options
Hi everyone! I'm pretty tall and have been able to hide a lot of my extra weight. I'm at the heaviest I've ever been, as I'm an emotional eater. I gained 30 pounds in the last year, on top of the extra pounds I was already carrying. I'm hitting another hard patch in my life (possibly worse than the last year has been) and would love to go the opposite way for once. To not emotionally eat, and instead come out on top. I could really use some motivation and support!

Replies

• cbanks375
    cbanks375 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm an emotional eater myself! I've read about turning to a physical activity, such as a brisk walk around the block or cleaning that junk drawer in my kitchen, instead of turning to food. Wanna try that next time? I'm going to try that and hope to hear how it went. Our emotions don't have to take control, but we can take control of our emotions. Be encouraged!
  • laurateach73
    laurateach73 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I got rid of the junk food (by eating it of course) but I have such difficulty not buying more!!!!!!!! I've been trying but there r some times when those oreos look too good!
  • ssherry204
    ssherry204 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try online shopping and set mini goals.. Sorry to here you might be in a rough spot. Good luck and fill your days well. Always treat yourself daily though :)