What is the wrap thing?

Options

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    The idea behind the wrap is that the "all natural herbal lotion" is supposed to "explode" fat cells as it seeps into your skin to release the built up toxins that accumulate in your fatty cells. It is not meant to lose "water weight" as you are supposed to drink half your body weight in ounces for the next 72 hours after the wrap. You wear it for 45-90 minutes every 3 days and 4 wears is one "treatment". So basically, one treatment over two weeks. Reviews on these wraps are hit or miss. Half the people that use them love them and the other half hated them. Half the people that hated them didn't use them properly anyway. As a previous poster said, they've been around for many many years. Something that doesn't work at all doesn't stay around that long. Someone somewhere had to have excellent results from this or they wouldn't still make them. Anyway, I will confess that I have ordered a box of these. They were on sale and cheap enoughf or me to take the risk. Even is they only work temporarily, my wedding is coming up and I'll take the chance at looking better in the dress that day. I promise to take many pictures before and after and 72 hours later so that everyone can see how it works for me. I'm not getting my hopes up because I'm sceptical about everything. I don't expect these wraps to work. If they do, YAY for me and my husband will try it too. If not, financially, I'm not out anything really.

So in other words, you wrap yourself in some smelly stuff and then you drink enough water to remove a significant amount of sodium from your body, resulting in a lose of water weight.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    The idea behind the wrap is that the "all natural herbal lotion" is supposed to "explode" fat cells as it seeps into your skin to release the built up toxins that accumulate in your fatty cells. It is not meant to lose "water weight" as you are supposed to drink half your body weight in ounces for the next 72 hours after the wrap. You wear it for 45-90 minutes every 3 days and 4 wears is one "treatment". So basically, one treatment over two weeks. Reviews on these wraps are hit or miss. Half the people that use them love them and the other half hated them. Half the people that hated them didn't use them properly anyway. As a previous poster said, they've been around for many many years. Something that doesn't work at all doesn't stay around that long. Someone somewhere had to have excellent results from this or they wouldn't still make them. Anyway, I will confess that I have ordered a box of these. They were on sale and cheap enoughf or me to take the risk. Even is they only work temporarily, my wedding is coming up and I'll take the chance at looking better in the dress that day. I promise to take many pictures before and after and 72 hours later so that everyone can see how it works for me. I'm not getting my hopes up because I'm sceptical about everything. I don't expect these wraps to work. If they do, YAY for me and my husband will try it too. If not, financially, I'm not out anything really.

So in other words, you wrap yourself in some smelly stuff and then you drink enough water to remove a significant amount of sodium from your body, resulting in a lose of water weight.

If by sodium you mean toxins then yes. LOL Yeah I don't know really. I'm just relaying what I read. May or may not be accurate, but whatever. We'll see how it does.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

Most of the wraps sold today are for improving the skin, kind of like sitting in a vat of lotion. Some companies (like doTerra) also claim that the essential oils do all kinds of healing things.

• madhatter2013
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

Most of the wraps sold today are for improving the skin, kind of like sitting in a vat of lotion. Some companies (like doTerra) also claim that the essential oils do all kinds of healing things.

If all I get is smoother skin, I'm all for that too. :smile:
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options

If by sodium you mean toxins then yes. LOL Yeah I don't know really. I'm just relaying what I read. May or may not be accurate, but whatever. We'll see how it does.

No, I don't mean toxins, I mean sodium. Our bodies require sodium to function properly, but when you drink a lot of water, it carries a lot of sodium out with it when it leaves. If you don't replace that sodium, then your body isn't able to hold as much water and the number on the scale decreases. It is very likely that you would see the same results from just drinking water that you would see from using a wrap and drinking water.
  • earlnabby
    edited June 2015
    Options

Me too. I make all of my own hair and body care stuff and am very proud of my "ultra moisturizing" lotion. I use the typical emollients like cocoa butter, kokum butter, and hempseed oil but I also use oat bran oil, hydrolyzed oat protein, and colloidal oatmeal. The lotion absorbs quickly but you can still feel its effects a day later. Oats are one of nature's best creations. They taste really good and are high in fiber and heart healthy, plus they have great topical uses. Best treatment for sunburn or things like poison ivy: take 1/2 c oatmeal and tie it into the toe of a nylon stocking (leave enough room for it to expand. Take a bath and soak the oats, then squeeze the milky water over your skin until the entire bath water in milky, and soak. Takes the sting and itchiness away (and is cheaper than the packets of Aveeno).

No, I don't make wraps even though I know how. I think a good moisturizing bath followed by a good lotion will do the same.

• madhatter2013
    edited June 2015
    Options

No, I don't mean toxins, I mean sodium. Our bodies require sodium to function properly, but when you drink a lot of water, it carries a lot of sodium out with it when it leaves. If you don't replace that sodium, then your body isn't able to hold as much water and the number on the scale decreases. It is very likely that you would see the same results from just drinking water that you would see from using a wrap and drinking water.

Well, I already drink my weight (in oz) in water so we'll see. :smile:
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    If you MUST do wraps...make your own!! The companies that sell these horrible things LIE and tell you they are all natural and good for you! BULL!!! If you google side effects you will see things like rashes and even anaphylactic shock!!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    If you MUST do wraps...make your own!! The companies that sell these horrible things LIE and tell you they are all natural and good for you! BULL!!! If you google side effects you will see things like rashes and even anaphylactic shock!!

google many things and you can find someone who reacted very badly to them. google is not a reliable source.

i think most wraps are supposed to firm up the area it's being used on. IDK if it works. some people swear by them and others think they are a joke

I use essential oils for cleaning, beauty, snoring, anxiety but Idk about slathered wraps

good luck

• earlnabby
    Options

Like everything else. look at the ingredients and avoid things that you react to. I have to stay away from anything that has tea tree oil in it. I am also allergic to formaldehyde which is why I have to make my own products. The majority of commercial products are preserved with formaldehyde releasing preservatives (DMDM Hydantoin, Diazolidinyl urea, Imidazolidinyl Urea, and the two most common preservatives: Methylisothiazolinone and Methylchloroisothiazolinone (aka MI/MCI))
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

To the bolded part:

Oh, how I wish that were true! Sadly, many MLM scams *have* been around for ages, simply because there is always a supply of fresh hopefuls looking for that miracle component. They've read the hype and don't want anyone to burst their bubble with facts. ;)

Exploding fats cells? Releasing 'toxins'? Hogwash, I'm afraid. But you're going into it with the right attitude and I hope at least your skin feels amazing afterwards. :)

• cleanbulk_hatersgfy
    cleanbulk_hatersgfy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of this woman yesterday wrapped in leather leggings and bomber jacket, head wrapped in a beanie and high tops shoes running around Central Park on a 90+ degrees weather. I thought that was strange! But then again, this is NYC!! Gotta love the city for all the surreal but nice things (most of the time). :smile:

That perhaps was her version of the wrap thing. :)
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I've used the "It Works" wraps... In my opinion they are more for your skin than anything. I didn't actually buy this product though, I had an acquaintance that wanted me to push the product for her so she let me use it for free.

I did feel like my belly wasn't so giggly, my stretch marks weren't as visible and of course my body just felt better from drinking a TON of water for two weeks. Is it worth all that money? No... if I could make my own lotion like someone had mentioned they do, I would have done that instead.

She also no longer sells this product nor did she lose any weight.
  • earlnabby
    Options
    This reminds me of this woman yesterday wrapped in leather leggings and bomber jacket, head wrapped in a beanie and high tops shoes running around Central Park on a 90+ degrees weather. I thought that was strange! But then again, this is NYC!! Gotta love the city for all the surreal but nice things (most of the time). :smile:

That perhaps was her version of the wrap thing. :)

Sounds like wrestlers trying to "make weight" by running in heavy track suits so they sweat off the pounds.

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    These are guaranteed to make your fat cells explode! Trust me, ItWorks!

beefy-crunch-burrito-taco-bell.jpg
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    A+ can man. <3
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Strike one: Sold by an MLM
    Strike two: Sold via "wrap party" so that social peer pressure can influence buying decisions
    Strike three: Claims that fat cells explode??? This would be a major inflammatory traumatic event if it happened on a significant scale in the body, probably resulting in a high fever and a huge immune response. This would mean a nice long stay in the ICU.
    Strike four: No evidence of actual results.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options

Me too. I make all of my own hair and body care stuff and am very proud of my "ultra moisturizing" lotion. I use the typical emollients like cocoa butter, kokum butter, and hempseed oil but I also use oat bran oil, hydrolyzed oat protein, and colloidal oatmeal. The lotion absorbs quickly but you can still feel its effects a day later. Oats are one of nature's best creations. They taste really good and are high in fiber and heart healthy, plus they have great topical uses. Best treatment for sunburn or things like poison ivy: take 1/2 c oatmeal and tie it into the toe of a nylon stocking (leave enough room for it to expand. Take a bath and soak the oats, then squeeze the milky water over your skin until the entire bath water in milky, and soak. Takes the sting and itchiness away (and is cheaper than the packets of Aveeno).

No, I don't make wraps even though I know how. I think a good moisturizing bath followed by a good lotion will do the same.

Okay so you don't make wraps...but do you make lotion asn sell it? B/c that lotions sounds like something I need in my life and I am so not about making it myself. Inbox me if you sell it and ship. Thank you.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    These are guaranteed to make your fat cells explode! Trust me, ItWorks!

beefy-crunch-burrito-taco-bell.jpg

might_need_invader_zim.gif
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options

That. Is. Balderdash.