Body Pump

Options
ljmcf
ljmcf Posts: 98 Member
Hi All

I'm just getting back into exercising and I've always enjoyed Body Pump (the fastest results I've ever had came from taking this class).

I know you're technically not supposed to do it 2 days in a row, but if I was doing it on a Wednesday at 6.15am, and on a Thursday at 8pm - do you think that'd be ok? :smile:

Replies

• leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    thats fine i use to do it 4 x a week!!! that was when i was single and childless lol
  • insaneteabag
    insaneteabag Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I do pump twice a week along with other cardio classes and my own weight routine but I don't see why doing two in a row would be a problem! I'd probably push myself on the first class in terms of weights used then maybe stay a little lighter on the second go.

I prob wouldn't try three in a row though! Body Pump can be brutal!
  • hmparkin23
    hmparkin23 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I did it for the first time in years on Tuesday, and still hurt today! But only you know your limits and it's best just to listen to your body.
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I do it Sunday morning, Monday evening, Wednesday evening and Friday evening, I do other stuff in between too and it works out fine so long as I get enough sleep!
  • teresa_garcia29
    teresa_garcia29 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It depends on how your body feels. I am going to take my first body pump class next Wednesday. I am currently taking body combat tuesday and thursday so wednesday and friday will be body pump. Yes this schedule will work..I know it will.
  • ljmcf
    Options
    That's great, thanks everyone! Think I'll start doing Pump on a Monday, Thursday and Sunday then, and combat on a Wednesday :smile:
  • gurlofgod
    gurlofgod Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I LOVE BODY PUMP!!!!
  • paris458
    paris458 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have done it twice in a row. I try to do something different some days but there is not always that option.
  • naxeea
    naxeea Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    ljmcf wrote: »
    Hi All

I'm just getting back into exercising and I've always enjoyed Body Pump (the fastest results I've ever had came from taking this class).

I know you're technically not supposed to do it 2 days in a row, but if I was doing it on a Wednesday at 6.15am, and on a Thursday at 8pm - do you think that'd be ok? :smile:
    Hi All

Is a program that can be purchased online or they have only classes?
  • Jod1eC
    Jod1eC Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I often do body pump followed by combat. Makes for a great all round double session!!
  • ljmcf
    Options
    I often do body pump followed by combat. Makes for a great all round double session!!

That would definitely be my aim as quote often they do follow on from each other at my gym, but I don't think I have the fitness at the moment :disappointed:
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options

That would definitely be my aim as quote often they do follow on from each other at my gym, but I don't think I have the fitness at the moment :disappointed:

What size weights do you tend to use for body pump?