Gym bag?

Options
MonkeyMel21
MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
What do you all use (maybe specifically girls, maybe girly style bags...) for gym bags? Mine is just a basic black one but it's getting super old and starting to rip in places. I am thinking maybe I should get a cute one? I've seen a few ladies with embroidered cloth ones lately. I need one that has a place for my flip flops to be stored but that can air them out so they dry fully each day. It doesn't have to be big, in fact our lockers are really thin so big wouldn't work anyway. I do have a back pack but I've got extra cash to use on Amazon so if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it!

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    Options
    I will also ask another question for the ladies who work out before work... Do you leave your make up bag in the hot/cold car or do you bring it inside with you?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I just use a giant canvas bag that I got on clearance at the bookstore when the university I used to work for changed its name and was changing its logo. I walk in, shove it in a locker, and then go exercise so I'm not really into pretty bags. Afterward I stick it in the trunk of my car and if I'm not going right home I kind of spread out my wet towel or flip flops so they aren't shoved in it all day long.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Black UA gym bag.
    Don't wear makeup.
    I take my towel and gross sweaty gym clothes and hang them out in my car so they don't reek in my bag all day.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I just use a giant canvas bag that I got on clearance at the bookstore when the university I used to work for changed its name and was changing its logo. I walk in, shove it in a locker, and then go exercise so I'm not really into pretty bags. Afterward I stick it in the trunk of my car and if I'm not going right home I kind of spread out my wet towel or flip flops so they aren't shoved in it all day long.

My current one is a free one that I got from a 5k likes 10 years ago, lol. But it's nice because it has a little bag inside/underneath for my flip flops and I just keep it unzipped so air can circulate. I use the gym's towels too.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    Aww, no one has cute girly gym bags? Just the ladies at my gym? lol I guess I can just do a google search...
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    i just use a whole gfoods canvas shopping bag. it ain't pretty but it gets the job done. i'd totally upgrade to a cuter bag if i found a non-bulky one that wasn't too much $. as for flip flops, perhaps just use a mesh bag?
  • headwind2015
    headwind2015 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This bag may be bigger than what you're looking for, but still fits into most lockers.

rei.com/product/844629/rei-tech-beast-40l-gym-duffel

I like it because it has compartment for my shoes or a wet swim suit and can easily carry everything. I am kind of minimalist so most of my belongs pull double duty; this is also my go to travel bag for weekend trips. The bag isn't exactly what I would call girly but my girlfriend likes it.

The bag is a bit expensive, but it is definitely worth it. My bag still looks brand new after two years of everyday use.
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have a few (I'm kind of obsessed).

An Underarmour normal duffle style bag....This bag is huge though. It has a separate vented compartment for shoes. I also use it to travel and as a carry on on planes. But it works well for those days I have a lot to carry around.

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/ua-undeniable-storm-lg-duffle-ii/pid1263968-654

My newer one that I like a lot is an REI bag. It fits in slim lockers and has plenty of room for stuff. It has a separate compartment for shoes that vents.

http://www.rei.com/product/827997/rei-balance-gym-bag-womens

Plus I have other random bags I've gotten through the years.

But really, there are loads of bags out there. I have seen a ton lately that I love, but I can't find justification to get them :(

I keep everything in my bag. So, clothes, make-up, shoes, accessories. I'll leave my bag in the car most of the time, but sometimes I'll bring it in. I suppose it depends on what kind of make-up you have in there. I've never experienced a problem from really cold to really hot affecting my make-up.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Options
    jeffininer wrote: »

My newer one that I like a lot is an REI bag. It fits in slim lockers and has plenty of room for stuff. It has a separate compartment for shoes that vents.

Aww, I really like that one, but it says it's unavailable!
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    jeffininer wrote: »

Aww, I really like that one, but it says it's unavailable!

This is their redesign of the balance bag. It looks bigger, though ww.rei.com/product/869867/rei-balance-gym-bag

I found mine used on a site called LikeTwice.com for $20. I jumped on it quick! I did a quick google search and couldn't find it available anywhere any more :(
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I have a Timbuk2 bag that I've had forever and has held up great. Maybe not as girly as your're looking for but they come in different prints/colors: http://www.timbuk2.com/handbags-totes-gym-yoga-womens-bags
  • lalangela
    lalangela Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I use a 31 weekender bag. I didn't buy it for a gym bag, but it morphed into one. I keep my makeup in there and apply it when I get back to work, if I feel like it! ha
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I usually use a tote bag that has my sorority's letters on it. I also have a tote bag with my school's name on it.

If i have a lot of stuff that day (planning on showering at the gym etc) I use this really cute bag from nike. It's navy with the nike sign in pink. I doubt they're still in stock, but you can look online to make sure.
  • ckspores1018
    ckspores1018 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I use a pink Nike bag that I bought at the Nike outlet. It has a nice thick shoulder strap and is big enough for anything I might need in the morning, and then some. There is a mesh pocket on the side that I stick my flip flops in.

I bring my makeup in with me because I bring my whole bag in with me. I workout, shower, dry, and apply makeup before leaving the gym and go straight to work.
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    LL Bean sells some great bags; you can order online, it's usually free shipping.
  • Xo_c_e_b_xo
    Xo_c_e_b_xo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have one from Avon it's pink with leopard print , I love it it's got s separate compartment for shoes and a detachable bag on the end for valuable items if the bag won't fit in your locker
  • Xo_c_e_b_xo
    Xo_c_e_b_xo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have one from Avon it's pink with leopard print , I love it it's got s separate compartment for shoes and a detachable bag on the end for valuable items if the bag won't fit in your locker
  • 10inprogress
    10inprogress Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    After going inexpensive for about three years I just splurged and bought this for half off. It's pricey, but I love the style and don't feel so disheveled to/from the gym. Looking stylish when I feel my least stylish is also a plus!

http://m.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/victory-gym-tote-bag/pid-10267112/pgid-1496129
  • 10inprogress
    10inprogress Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Attached.