Weight Watchers

Options
2»

Replies

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    WW and MFP do the same thing by slightly different methods.

For the accountability part, how about some friends or family?

Good luck on your journey to get out of debt and get healthy both! We've been debt free for around 15 years.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers is counting calories in a different format. The calories are assigned a point value. It's literally the same thing. What really matters is that you find something that works for you and your goals and your life. No one can make that decision for you.
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    YUP, why not? I just walk in and take a seat, be descreet, don't announce I AM DOING MFP AND JUST COMING HERE FOR THE MEETINGS. I still purchase snacks occasionally. Like I stated, I went and paid for nearly 2 years and lost all of my weight. Also don't try to get any materials, you know they only give them to people who produce the weigh in card.

Please be aware that I always go to the same location, I have not changed up.
    At 'my' Weight Watchers, which I have not been to in over a year..I have often noticed one of the leaders doing a headcount as she looks at her clip board. Wish I could find one...where I could just 'sit free for the meeting'. :smile: lol

• jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I concur. I used the weight watchers app and it worked for me. Lost weight. But the app was so finicky, the scanner worked for me twice (mfp surprises me and has never failed to scan something). The technical help was atrocious so I switched to mfp and never looked back. For 20 bucks a month I thought it could have been 100x better. Plus points confuse me. There's calories listed on everything, points are not.
  • Carol_
    Options
    For me, it wasn't about what the leader thought. It was about having my weight officially recorded. Much like a degree...in school...shows you really did finish. :smile: I have kept my weigh in cards for many years.
  • Carol_
    Options
    I agree. The price is way too expensive! And here, where I live, they moved to a new place, where GIANT construction work is going on. Takes forever to get to the place. Plus..they move every few years, and I hate that!
  • Carol_
    Options
    So I can still go to the meetings and just not pay?

After you hit 'goal weight'..and maintain that a few weeks (?).. and keep it within a certain amount, 3 pounds, I think it was, then you can attend forever and ever and ever! FREE! :)
  • Carol_
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    If you need the accountability of the weigh ins and the support from the meetings, look into TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly). They have weekly weigh ins and meetings and you there is no specific program to follow. There is a small fee to go to the meetings (a yearly fee of $32 plus $5 a month) but it might be what fits your needs while cutting the cost down.

http://www.tops.org/
    I have heard TOPS is good. The one here is not. I only went to one. They played games, like tossing a stuffed animal around. Then everybody (almost all) said they overate for the week. They never talked about any kind of plan or nutrition at all. I might need to try one in the next town over, since I see it mentioned so often. Thanks! :)