Looking for friends and support on my journey!!

Options
sunflowers1976
sunflowers1976 Posts: 4 Member
edited June 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I am not really new to MFP. I have used it in the past, but did not take advantage of the great tools available, and didn't get involved in the community. So here I go again!! As most of you can probably relate, my weight has been a struggle for me the better part of my adult life. I have seen it creep on, and creep on... to now I am at the point where I am over whelmed with the amount of weight I need to lose (I say 100 lbs conservatively... I could certainly stand to lose a lot more).
I have tried everything, Atkins, Weight Watchers, Paleo, liquid diets... never with much success. I always give up when I don't see instant results. I have even been pre-op for bariatric surgery three times... and never went through with it (cause I keep telling myself I can do it on my own.
Most recently, I have made a commitment to becoming a vegetarian. Not just for weight loss purposes, but for heart health and longevity. Vegetarianism does not equate to being skinny! Let me be the first and probably not the last to tell you that! Ice cream is not meat, but it sure isn't part of a diet!
So here I am floundering in this overwhelming sea of diet/nutritional information and don't know where to start. I am hoping to make some friends along the way that can share some guidance and experience. And that I will see my way to the end of the weight loss tunnel. It has been such a struggle and never ending battle, I hope if I can get it all off... I will be able to keep it off.
If any of this makes sense or you are as confused and overwhelmed as me.... drop me a line or send me a friend rqst. I live in the Boston area, but would love to meet people from all over the world to go through this journey with!!

Replies