Tracking while Pregnant with Gestational Diabetes

Options
asaralee3
asaralee3 Posts: 39 Member
I'm 28 weeks pregnant and I am using MFP to track my food. I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes just this week. I have since set my Goals to Maintain weight, so I would be getting the right amount of calories for me and the baby. I met with a dietician yesterday. My goal on Calories is 2200. I am also using the food tracking to watch my carb intake. I am currently doing macronutrients of 50% carbs, 30% fat and 20% protein. This allows me 120 carbs a day (not counting the minimal carbs from veggies). It works out to 30 Carbs at Breakfast, 60 Carbs and Lunch and Dinner and 30 Carbs each for 3 snacks throughout the day. This will help keep me and the baby at optimal nutrition :)

Hope this helps. I tried searching for answers on Gestational Diabetes..and was coming up with little to nothing on the blogs/message boards :) Figured I'd pass my newly found knowledge on!

Replies

• LilyinMO
    LilyinMO Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    hi.. how did the above settings work for you? I'm pregnant, no gestational diabetes, but I need to eat as if I had it. I thought 50% carbs was too high? I thought I was supposed to focus on protein first, then carbs, then fat? I was just wondering how the settings worked for you. Let me know! :)
  • valeriethefair
    valeriethefair Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was recently diagnosed and told to keep meals (3x a day) under 45g (1 carb choice = 15g), keep snacks (also 3x) to 15g and to partner everything with protein. I have to check my levels four times a day. Very manageable so far but I have no idea what my calorie target is yet. Everyone's doctor has different advice just go off that.