Best workout videos?

Options
I'm getting a little bored with my gym routine. What are some fun and effective workout videos out there? Preferably something cheap or that I can find on YouTube haha. I'm focusing mostly on toning at this point, but also want some cardio. I really like the dance videos because you forget you're working out, but most that I've found don't give me a hard enough work out. I've also tried P90X and hated it...not because it was hard (which I appreciated) but because I'm looking for something a little more geared towards women. I've also tried Jillian Michaels and I like it, but looking for something a little different. Thanks!

Replies

• thursdaystgiles
    thursdaystgiles Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've done a few on this list--all free on youtube!
    http://greatist.com/move/best-free-workout-videos-youtube
  • bulk_n_cut
    bulk_n_cut Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    hnaquin280 wrote: »
    looking for something a little more geared towards women.
    what does that mean? aren't all exercises unisex? like some type of uterus pull-up or...?
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    bulk_n_cut wrote: »
    what does that mean? aren't all exercises unisex? like some type of uterus pull-up or...?

Duuuuuude.....best reply so far. I agree, in P90X, Insanity and also the Anarchy, there are always women in there, so don't know.
  • sabrinacrandall
    sabrinacrandall Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Some of the GymRa ones on YouTube are good if you do the intermediate/advanced ones. Although, a lot of them say "Full Body" and I find it's mostly legs. Which sometimes I appreciate, and sometimes I want more arms. Abs are easier, but I feel like arms should be included.
  • thursdaystgiles
    thursdaystgiles Posts: 98 Member
    Options

Oh man, I somehow missed that line :/ I do p90x and I'm confused how it isn't geared towards women...there are women doing it? It's great for weight loss and toning...
  • bulk_n_cut
    Options
    cjh8550trigb.jpg
    1.jpg 19.9K
  • hnaquin280
    hnaquin280 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Sheesh, people get so sensitive on here. I just meant geared towards toning problem areas that women usually have more often than men. Like lower belly fat and inner thighs. I know men have those too but I feel like there are some videos that specifically target places like that because they realize women have issues toning those areas
  • Gbemiee
    Gbemiee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You could check out insanity. Planning on starting tomorrow.
  • bulk_n_cut
    Options

Sheesh, people get so sensitive on here. I just meant geared towards toning problem areas that women usually have more often than men. Like lower belly fat and inner thighs. I know men have those too but I feel like there are some videos that specifically target places like that because they realize women have issues toning those areas

oh ok, well you wont find such videos because that concept doesnt exist. just have to bust the entire body and hope the problem areas get the message and hope for the best
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Some of the GymRa ones on YouTube are good if you do the intermediate/advanced ones. Although, a lot of them say "Full Body" and I find it's mostly legs. Which sometimes I appreciate, and sometimes I want more arms. Abs are easier, but I feel like arms should be included.

I did one of Natalie's this morning and my upper back and shoulders are dead dead dead right now! Lots of plank/pushup variations and crab pose type moves also curls and tri extensions. Ouch lol - here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnIoKvaYSRQ&list=FLI8ig6nRT6BRBIfAyrlzWFw&index=9

Note if you do it: it's 3 circuits, 6 exercises 2 round in each circuit. In circuit 3, they just show round 1 twice. It only matters for 1 dumbbell exercise but keep it in mind :)
  • LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    Options

You can't spot reduce...

That being said, I like FitnessBlender.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    FitnessBlender, Gymra, Jillian Michaels (she's really tough), Blogilates.