Needing dinner recipes

Options
Hello All!

I am needing help with dinner recipes for my family and I. My kids aren't too happy with the healthy eating and I don't want to feel like I am making them suffer with eating healthier. They love pizza, mac and cheese, hot dogs, french fries and spaghetti.. you know all the good stuff. Are there any recipes that will help my family out?
Thank you! Please message me or comment below and feel free to add me. I need all the support I can get with weight loss :)

Replies

• IAmAPearl
    IAmAPearl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Healthy really doesn't have to be hard, just make small changes.
    Spaghetti for example. Use ground turkey for meatballs versus ground beef, and throw in some extra veggies into the sauce, like a frozen bag of mixed veggies.
    Bake fries/potato wedges instead of frying them.
    Make your own pizza. It's actually super easy and cheap.
    It doesn't have to be all quinoa and spaghetti squash and kale.

I cook for my family of 5. You can add me if you want!
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    We swapped out tortillas (I use gluten free but whole wheat works) for crust and make small pizzas with that. The kids really like it. We use ground turkey for a lot of things. And some of it is just letting the kids adjust.
  • eved305
    eved305 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Make your own fries and sweet potatoes "fries" (all baked like stated above). You can make baked chicken nuggets from scratch. There are a lot of good recipes online for those. Mac and Cheese add cauliflower to make healthier, or do Mac and Avocado "Cheese". You can make Alfredo sauce with low calorie laughing cow cheese and broccoli (the recipe I got from this site so you can probably search it its super easy and yummy), whole wheat spaghetti and marinara sauce.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Check out SkinnyTaste, SkinnyMom, and Weelicious for recipe ideas. All have a lot of good recipes, Weelicious in particular is focused on one meal for the whole family.

• jlozier91
    jlozier91 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you all
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Kids love to make their own dinner. We grill and eat a lot of chicken. My daughter loves to make homemade tacos, burritos bowls, taco salads or wraps. She gets good protein from the chicken or if we made lean ground beef etc & then adds all the fixins that she's in the mood for. Lettuce, tomato, sour creme, shredded cheese. I sometimes will made a side of beans or tex mex rice or even refried beans. A million variations :)