Doing this alone.

Options
2»

Replies

• RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Any chance you have one of these furry little critters?
    7c8.gif

Ok, so you probably won't take a cat on a walk, but what about a dog? I've become much more interested in routine, sustained walks now that I've got a pooch who wants to go with me.
  • ikrissyt
    ikrissyt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That's totally me! I figured out that it's because I just don't like walking. It hurts my legs, because I'm heavy and my muscles aren't very strong. Then, I ignore the little voice that says, "Yes, but that's exactly why you should be walking," because exercise is supposed to be fun, and that just isn't fun right now! Therefore, I have made a playlist with only really upbeat songs that make me feel invincible. I have ones that tell me how cool I am and how cute I am and then I turn it up and just dance and dance like nobody's watching! (because they aren't...lol) I check my pulse after every song to be sure that I'm in the right zone (not too fast, not too slow), and the next day, I hop on the scale, and it goes down just a little more. Woo Hoo!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you're looking for more friends and support. I know I am! :)

This motivated me today. I really don't feel like going for a walk because today I'm kind-of sore. But you're so right, that's why I should be walking, because I'm out of shape and want to get to the point where being active is fun and not excruciating!
    The playlist idea is a great one too - I've slowly been building one of my own. Could use some recommendations though!
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    meetup.com
    You can meet like minded people. This is NOT a dating site but in my area they have all kinds of walking, biking & hiking groups.
    Hi DONNAAKAMAGMID. Thanks for the site "MEETUP.COM." I just checked it out and joined a fitness/nutrition group around my area -- northwest side of Chicago. Will let you know how it goes. First meeting is Sept 18 at 7pm. Hoping it'll be a good experience.
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    ...How do ya'll find the strength to do things by yourself? ...
    13f777a6-4984-45b1-bc9f-01e6272e03d0_zps1e7da195.jpg

I found this in pages of responses for the topic MPF FITSPIRATION! Hope you find it as helpful as I did.