Quick workouts?

Options
So I have a 4 month old and I am a stay at home mom, between everything I need to get done during the day the only for sure time I have to workout is when my LO is sleeping. This is a good hour, once a day. I aim to burn 500 calories, including the 500 calorie food deficit, but all the workouts I find are like over an hour long! I don't mind working out, or going hard at it, but i do not want to spend that long doing it! What are quicker ways to burn 500 calories? What works for you? Thanks!

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I don't think its possible to burn 500 calories in less than an hour.
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I love fitnessblender.com but I'm not sure that any of their workout videos are going to burn that many calories in the timeframe you're asking about. It's free and I encourage you to check it out though - it's an amazing site with tons of workouts of all levels and types! :)
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I have a combination elliptical/stationary bike I got for a reasonable price at Wally World. It is a great way to burn a lot of calories in an hour.
  • itsfatum
    itsfatum Posts: 113 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I burn between 450 and 650 every hour on the most killer workouts. Those that leave you feeling like *kitten* afterwards, knocked out for an hour or two. Those require a proper 20min warmup and at least 10min cooldown, totalling 90min of pure pain.

I wouldn't aim for 500. 300-350 is a very doable number for a 60min workout, if you work hard on it.
  • Korriinn
    Korriinn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love fitnessblender.com but I'm not sure that any of their workout videos are going to burn that many calories in the timeframe you're asking about. It's free and I encourage you to check it out though - it's an amazing site with tons of workouts of all levels and types! :)

I defiantly use it! I usually do the 1000 call workouts until my baby stops me for one reason or another lol
  • foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    A 5/3/1 + some accessory lifts or something like madcows 5x5 takes me about 45 minutes. Might be drastically different than what you're used to but it's very effective at what it's designed to do. You would need a gym or the required equipment which might be a problem.