Exercise class CROSSFIT!

Options
Recently started a new fitness class called crossfit, if you don't know what it is guys I recommend you look it up, I was looking for something more challenging and I definitely found that! Totally addicted now
L x

Replies

• vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Says the 101 year old female...

• rez2012
    rez2012 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Until you get hurt. I have met so many people destroyed by crossfit. Also, it's been around for decades. Just another name for interval training and Olympic lifting. Liked it better when it was only known in the police, fire, and military community. I hope you don't get hurt. Good luck and have fun.
  • lucyephillips86
    lucyephillips86 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Vorgas I look good for 101 I think thanks to my fitness classes crossfit being one of them hehe lol
  • lucyephillips86
    lucyephillips86 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Rez2012, I'll only do what I feel comfortable doing, there is risk in getting hurt or killed in everyday life! Crossfit is not the only fitness class I do but thanks for the concern, advice and heads up.
  • 10inprogress
    10inprogress Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Rez2012, I'll only do what I feel comfortable doing, there is risk in getting hurt or killed in everyday life! Crossfit is not the only fitness class I do but thanks for the concern, advice and heads up.

Valid. But this new fangled "class" has a horrendous reputation of not being a stickler on form, which one NEEDS to be when hurling large amounts of weight toward your neck. See how risk increases vs "everyday life" scenarios? Form over all else...so as long as you're at a gym that puts proper emphasis on form and avoiding chronic back pain or other more serious injury.

• Brolympus
    Brolympus Posts: 360 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    "CrossFit takes complicated movements and removes all the useless *kitten* like effectiveness and safety and replaces it with cool *kitten* like violence and danger"

Dom has spoken
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    just because you feel comfortable doing something doesn't mean you can't get hurt. just sayin

I know a lot of people that love crossfit. good for them to find something they like doing