Am I thinking right?

Options
My blog post is here, but the sum-up is below: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/kettleandstring/view/stats-june-2013-543132

I've calculated my TDEE at 2241. MFP wants me to have TDEE-30% to lose weight at the rate of 1lb a week (but I'm assuming that's based on the Harris-Benedict Formula). My TDEE-20% is 1792.

Does it make sense to focus on TDEE-30% on non-gym days and TDEE-20% on gym days?

Also, it's a lot more calories than I had been used to striving for with Livestrong. I was struggling to get my calories down with that program, and I've gotten much better about cutting out the high calorie items that were bad for me (fast food, espresso drinks, fried food in general, and soda). I don't want to go back to them just because I need the calories, so how can I increase my caloric intake while remaining healthy? I need quick and easy options, I am not a chef!

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    and I've gotten much better about cutting out the high calorie items that were bad for me (fast food, espresso drinks, fried food in general, and soda). I don't want to go back to them just because I need the calories, so how can I increase my caloric intake while remaining healthy?

I can't help you, as I don't think there is anything wrong or "unhealthy" with those foods/drinks.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    My blog post is here, but the sum-up is below: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/kettleandstring/view/stats-june-2013-543132

I've calculated my TDEE at 2241. MFP wants me to have TDEE-30% to lose weight at the rate of 1lb a week (but I'm assuming that's based on the Harris-Benedict Formula). My TDEE-20% is 1792.

Does it make sense to focus on TDEE-30% on non-gym days and TDEE-20% on gym days?

Also, it's a lot more calories than I had been used to striving for with Livestrong. I was struggling to get my calories down with that program, and I've gotten much better about cutting out the high calorie items that were bad for me (fast food, espresso drinks, fried food in general, and soda). I don't want to go back to them just because I need the calories, so how can I increase my caloric intake while remaining healthy? I need quick and easy options, I am not a chef!

CloseEnough_zpsfa81ed12.jpg
  • kettleandstring
    Options
    If you don't have an actually helpful response I'd appreciate it if you didn't bother.
  • foodcart
    foodcart Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Add more calorie dense foods like peanut (or other nut) butter, nuts, avocados, etc.
  • zhvah18
    zhvah18 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Add things like olive oil to your cooking, nuts, peanut butter, things like that :)
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    butter
    olive oil
    cheese
    peanut butter
    nuts
    seeds