Only 10 or 15 pounds? Should I Even Be Here?

babzmfp
babzmfp Posts: 5 Member
edited June 2015 in Getting Started
Hi Everyone...I am a grandma trapped inside of a 60's body! No...not a body from the 60's (I wish) a 64 year old body. A body that is no longer as active as I was because of pain I live with that is quite severe at times. I have advanced stenosis of my spine and neck along with fibromyalgia and arthritis. But two years ago I moved to Oregon to be close to my daughter and my grandchildren.

My daughter continued to tell me I was too skinny and I needed to gain weight. This was at 138. I wondered if I had body image problems or why I wasn't seeing what she was seeing. Then I realized that perhaps I 'was' under weight?I began to eat more and not care too much about sweets or Fats or carbs. so here I am today - 15 pounds heavier.

I now eat for comfort because it soothes the pain. I spend a lot of time alone and it helps with that. I don't have very much self control now that Ive enjoyed eating whatever I want. So having help to stick to the plan is why I joined MyFitnessPal. I am hoping that through logging my food and my activity, and joining the community, I will be able to lose the weight that I have gained. Now, it may not seem like 10 or 15 pounds is anything to worry about but if one is not comfortable in their clothes, around people, and their energy is sapped-all of these are good reasons to lose the weight. Oh- and my pooch pal would really appreciate it cuz she would get more activity.

Replies

• WA_mama2
    WA_mama2 Posts: 140 Member
    Of course you do. Everyone deserves support.
  • ImportedRose
    ImportedRose Posts: 9 Member
    This is the perfect method. You eat what you want but are in control until you reach your goal.
  • discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    It may be more important for you to focus on eating healthy and not going to food for comfort at first, that alone might show you results also trying to log everything so you can see how much you are eating for comfort.
  • babzmfp
    Thank you for this thought. While I eat mostly clean...I do have to admit that over periods of depression I would cheat.
  • babzmfp
    This is the perfect method. You eat what you want but are in control until you reach your goal.
    Thanks...One of the reasons tracking my food helps..or rather helped in past.
  • babzmfp
    izaobet wrote: »
    Of course you do. Everyone deserves support.

I really appreciate this comment. Today's my 2nd day. Last nite I was 99% on track. I ate fage yogurt for dinner and 3 dried apricots for snack.